stopped happening - Buzzing sound in audio

Posts10Likes4Joined27/4/2021LocationDE
Native
English
Learning Catalan, Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Croatian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish

I started noticing this a few days ago. When you click on words in the Reading Tool and the automated female voice pronounces them, there's a very annoying buzzing sound that happens on every word. This didn't happen before – there were previously no problems with the audio here. At first I assumed it was a problem with my computer's speakers, but I tested audio on various other websites and it only happens on Language Crush. I checked in texts for Italian, Spanish, and French, and it happens for all of them, on every word I select to listen to.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea why it's happening all of a sudden?

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Jinx wrote:
Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea why it's happening all of a sudden?

sorry about that Jinx. I haven't noticed it, but I am using chrome/windows 10/desktop, listening to the TTS and comparing it to the TTS in google translate. Is that what you are doing? You said that you verified your speakers by playing audio on other sites, but I would like to point out that, unless you are listening to their version of google TTS, it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. It is also possible that the default voice you are using in the reading tool has changed, and might not match the google default voice. You can change them by going to settings>override default voice (within a passage). 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Catalan, Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Croatian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish

Hi Leo, thank you for the tip about overriding the default voice, that's good to know! Unfortunately all the available voices still rattle/buzz a bit for me. I'm guessing this is probably a "me problem" – if it's not happening for other people, and not happening for me when I listen to other types of audio, the problem must specifically lie in the interface between Google TTS and my speakers. Very strange, and sadly beyond my technical prowess to figure out. At least it's only a mild problem, and the audio is still usable.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Does plain google TTS sound the same as google TTS through languagecrush?

Posted 
Native
English

leosmith wrote:
Does plain google TTS sound the same as google TTS through languagecrush?

Sorry for my very delayed response!

Well, this is strange. I just tested it again and this problem is no longer occurring for me. Very mysterious... let's hope it stays this way.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Sounds good! I'm going to close this ticket then. 

Posted 
    Feedback