Bulk delete vocabulary

Posts0Likes0Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

Hello, 

I'd like to clean up my vocabulary a bit. There is stuff in there that I don't remember putting in there as well as things I don't care about anymore.

Is there a way to clear the entire vocab or select like 100 entries at a time for deleting?

Thank you very much.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Philipp,

You are talking about a bulk "change of state" option in the vocabulary list, right? (There isn't a delete option, but you can change a word's state back to unknown.)

Edit - I have enquired about this in a ticket.

In the Philippines now.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/5/2021LocationDE
Native
German
Learning Russian
Other English

Ahh I see. What confused me were the "unknown" words in my vocabulary list. 

I assume that whenever I see a new word it gets added to my vocabulary as unknown. I've recently opened a lot of passages in different languages for testing and I guess that is what I see in my vocabulary under unknown.

Frankly I personally find the unknown words saved to my vocabulary kind of useless but it also doesn't really hurt since I can just ignore it.

It would still be nice to have an option to completely wipe the vocabulary. Maybe have the user confirm twice or something.

_____

)|(OП/\

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Yeah, I might want to do this myself, so I'll keep the ticket open. They may make it an admin tool, rather than double confirm, so the user has to request it.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Philipp wrote:
I personally find the unknown words saved to my vocabulary kind of useless but it also doesn't really hurt since I can just ignore it.

After further discussion, I've decided not to do this for the time being. If it gains interest in the future, we may reconsider.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined20/7/2021LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Dutch, Vietnamese
Other Japanese

I was just going to post this. I want to reset a language so I can come into it new as I have learned a lot of new words separately and forgotten others. Can we please at least add an option, "select all" on the vocabulary page, or have an option, "Change learning and known words to unknown"?

Posted 
    Feedback