Feedback Requested for New App

Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Everyone,

We have re-designed our mobile App from the ground up, and would like your feedback. Please post your input here, and we will work to fix problems as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your support!

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts3Likes2Joined13/8/2021LocationBiebesheim / DE
Native
German
Learning Thai

Great New app!!! It is easier to stay in the flow of reading while looking up words!!!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks Rainer! We appreciate it.

Posted 
Posts7Likes7Joined1/6/2021LocationGB
Native
English
Learning Swahili

Love the redesign of the app, Was so pleasantly surprised when I logged to see it revamped.

But My only grudges are that I can't listen to my playlist when I come off the app or when my screen locks - Annoying that I have to stay on the app to keep my playlist going.

Also I know the mobile app is essentially the website but if there was a way to have Audio/Playlist control from my notifications (play, pause, next, time position) that would be amazing too

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Joseph.Adams wrote:
But My only grudges are that I can't listen to my playlist when I come off the app or when my screen locks - Annoying that I have to stay on the app to keep my playlist going.
Also I know the mobile app is essentially the website but if there was a way to have Audio/Playlist control from my notifications (play, pause, next, time position) that would be amazing too

Thanks for the input Joseph. I wrote a ticket for your first item, and we will discuss your second one.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Joseph.Adams wrote:

There is now a ticket out for both of these.

Posted 
Posts7Likes7Joined1/6/2021LocationGB
Native
English
Learning Swahili

Just mentioning some of my other thoughts of 'small' things that could be implement to finesse the app:

- If the playlist media player, could forward/rewind currently it just jumps from beginning to end.

- If Media Files (such as Language Conversations) could be downloaded straight from the app. The only reason I download item is due to my first point that I cannot rewind or forward.

- Or a better alternative to the point above is If the playlist could exist offline - tracks downloaded locally, so I could listen to my playlist with or without internet access.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Joseph.Adams wrote:
- If the playlist media player, could forward/rewind currently it just jumps from beginning to end.
- If Media Files (such as Language Conversations) could be downloaded straight from the app. The only reason I download item is due to my first point that I cannot rewind or forward.
- Or a better alternative to the point above is If the playlist could exist offline - tracks downloaded locally, so I could listen to my playlist with or without internet access.

Ok - we will discuss these

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Ok, we discussed them. 

1) The playlist media player allows you to click and drag a dot to whatever location you want on the recording, plus there are forward and rewind buttons that go in 10 sec increments. 

2 & 3) Per your post, I assume 1) takes care of you, but the tech team mentioned the files within the apps space so you don't need internet access after the initial syncing.

Posted 
Posts2Likes3Joined15/1/2021LocationPA
Native
Spanish
Learning French
Other Catalan, English

I don’t know if this thread is for feedback on the Android or iOS version of the app, but I’m using the iOS version and the button for the dictionary is not working (which makes the Reading Tool mostly useless, honestly) maybe because the default behavior in the web version is to open another tab with wordreference.com but there’s no tabs in the iOS app.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

OMartin wrote:
I don’t know if this thread is for feedback on the Android or iOS version of the app, but I’m using the iOS version and the button for the dictionary is not working (which makes the Reading Tool mostly useless, honestly) maybe because the default behavior in the web version is to open another tab with wordreference.com but there’s no tabs in the iOS app.

The thread is for both. Sorry about this problem. Ticket written.

Posted 
Posts30Likes17Joined8/6/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Dutch, Russian, Vietnamese

noticed two bugs in Android app. 1.) When you tap "Terms and conditions", it doesn't open anything. 2.) Importing YouTube videos does not bring over the subtitles. Passage is empty

Aside from that everything is great I love it and will update my review

- bbyj

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

bbyj wrote:
noticed two bugs in Android app. 1.) When you tap "Terms and conditions", it doesn't open anything. 2.) Importing YouTube videos does not bring over the subtitles. Passage is empty

Thanks for you input, and sorry about those issues. Regarding 1) - how did you access that? I select the little down arrow at the bottom of the screen beneath Language Tools, then select terms and conditions at the bottom of the menu, and it displays properly. If this is what you are doing, can you tell me your android version/browser? 2) We are already working a ticket on this; hopefully it will be done in the next week or two.

Posted 
Posts30Likes17Joined8/6/2022LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Dutch, Russian, Vietnamese

Hello leosmith,

I really appreciate such a quick and helpful response. That is how I am getting the issue with terms. I am on the app on Android 11. I'm glad to hear that you are working hard on the other issue. Will there be a dark mode added to the app? I love using it so far

leosmith wrote:

bbyj wrote:

Thanks for you input, and sorry about those issues. Regarding 1) - how did you access that? I select the little down arrow at the bottom of the screen beneath Language Tools, then select terms and conditions at the bottom of the menu, and it displays properly. If this is what you are doing, can you tell me your android version/browser? 2) We are already working a ticket on this; hopefully it will be done in the next week or two.

- bbyj

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

bbyj wrote:
Will there be a dark mode added to the app?

We have no immediate plans for it, but maybe this topic will help.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

bbyj wrote:
When you tap "Terms and conditions", it doesn't open anything

Hi there. Could you PM me a screencast of this?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2022LocationAR
Native
Spanish
Learning English, Japanese

Hello I'm trying the app on android and the audio stops when turning off the screen or switching apps. I saw the issue in the second post, was it fixed? Do I have to do something else? Thanks a lot, otherwise the app is great.

edit: I tried to read or listen offline with the app and it said that it was offline. Is this a premium feature? Thanks

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

almuvo wrote:
Hello I'm trying the app on android and the audio stops when turning off the screen or switching apps. I saw the issue in the second post, was it fixed? Do I have to do something else? Thanks a lot, otherwise the app is great.
edit: I tried to read or listen offline with the app and it said that it was offline. Is this a premium feature? Thanks

We created a ticket to address the first issue - it was fixed previously; sorry about that.

The second issue, to read/listen offline is not supported, downloading audio is free, and downloading transcripts is premium.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Joseph.Adams wrote:

Hi Joseph, we think we fixed this - can you please confirm?

Posted 
Posts9Likes8Joined3/10/2022LocationTH
Native
English
Learning French, German, Spanish, Thai

The website and app are both great. I am new to the app, so I can't compare it to the old one. I was very happy to find a LingQ like program that supports more languages.  

On my phone, I have to use the mobile site though, because Thai script isn't rendered correctly.  

Also, it would be nice if the popup simple definition would disappear more quickly because it gets in the way of reading on the mobile site. I noticed that in the app that the simple definition appears at the bottom of the screen.

Images

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvSGDmysZnK2gu5mJ45n2rPMubf2hA?e=4zfmVa

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvSGDmysZnK2gu5tFqqajEWRPcBbog?e=BFRXIV

Posted 
    Feedback