Hard to get the next word

Posts0Likes0Joined7/2/2022Location
Learning Russian

Hi. More of a request this time.

In Russian, words can join to make different sounds. However, if the words in the Reading Tool are on different lines, too many words typically get collected. Can something be done so I can easily get the previous or next word? Maybe something with the left and right keys or ctrl+clicking

Posted 
Posts55Likes44Joined26/12/2019LocationBE
Native
French
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, English, German, Japanese, Spanish

Don't release the left click and swipe left to keep the useful part.  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined7/2/2022Location
Learning Russian

Oh. I see. The problem is if I accidently hit the upper line, I'm going to have to start over because it reset the initial word to whatever the left/topmost word is. Alrighty. If that's how it's supposed to be

Posted 
Posts55Likes44Joined26/12/2019LocationBE
Native
French
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, English, German, Japanese, Spanish

That's how it works on my computer too.

Don't worry too much. It's not a speed test. Do it at your own pace. If you do it slowly you see the word longer it 's good for learning.

You can also increase the display of your browser (from 100% to more) that way the clickable target is wider and it becomes less likely to reach upper line.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Alisa.M wrote:
Oh. I see. The problem is if I accidently hit the upper line, I'm going to have to start over because it reset the initial word to whatever the left/topmost word is. Alrighty. If that's how it's supposed to be

Yes, it's this way by design. I'll write a ticket to investigate this in the future, and see if it's worthwhile to try to improve it.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Alisa.M wrote:
The problem is if I accidently hit the upper line, I'm going to have to start over because it reset the initial word to whatever the left/topmost word is.

Hi Alisa - we think we improved this. Can you verify?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback