Short video lesson: Easy tips to remember vocabulary!

Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

This is Ronnie. She's awesome. And kind of weird. But still awesome. :D She is one of several English experts who makes short videos on learning the language better. I encourage you to try out her other videos on YouTube. This one has some short, practical tips that my trainees have used to great effect. I hope they work for you too. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Hey great video! I do the sticky notes thing and it is really useful. I'm a visual learner as well, I discovered it in high school when I saw that I retained more information when I drew things instead of repeating them.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Hey great video! I do the sticky notes thing and it is really useful. I'm a visual learner as well, I discovered it in high school when I saw that I retained more information when I drew things instead of repeating them.

Visual learning is awesome. I'm a learning and development expert and I love to make visual aids for learners. Unfortunately, many other instructional designers still don't take that part seriously, and just slap together any old PowerPoint presentation and they think that'll do. I hate poorly made visual learning aids. x_x My wife is an absolute master of them though. She makes awesome stuff.

I'm glad this video was helpful to you. :)

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Visual learning is awesome. I'm a learning and development expert and I love to make visual aids for learners. Unfortunately, many other instructional designers still don't take that part seriously, and just slap together any old PowerPoint presentation and they think that'll do. I hate poorly made visual learning aids. x_x My wife is an absolute master of them though. She makes awesome stuff.
I'm glad this video was helpful to you. :)

I thought I was crazy for doing some of the things she said. I kind of hate the way we are supposed to learn in schools, it is not natural at all.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

School learning has some good points. :) So, have you checked out Ronnie's other videos yet?

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
School learning has some good points. :) So, have you checked out Ronnie's other videos yet?

Not yet! But I will :) 

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Nice! thanks for the video

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

You're welcome, guys. Just so you know, Ronnie has a lot of veeeeery interesting videos about the English language. The slang videos are my favorite.  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

thanks for this! hoho :blush:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Wow! It's very helpful.

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

You're welcome!  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I actually like her. Her teaching is so simplified and relatable. I laughed when she said that thing about learning french. I would definitely lookout for more of her videos, thank you!

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

You're welcome! She's so silly when she does some of these videos. Have fun watching her other stuff!  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

You're welcome! She's so silly when she does some of these videos. Have fun watching her other stuff! :blush:

I will

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Great video thanks for sharing. 

Posted 
    Feedback