What did you have to unlearn about beauty as you got older?

Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Mine would be, you really don't have to wear makeup all the time. You can get comfortable with your natural self and when you start to exude confidence, people will naturally find you attractive.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Beauty standards are f***ed up... I grew up in a society where my acquaintances asked for liposuctions, boob or nose jobs as birthday presents in HIGH SCHOOL. I grew up and live in a society where you should have big boobs or a big ass or you are not considered that beautiful enough or "hot", it's awful how little girls are thought what they can change in their bodies instead of making them feel confortable with themselves.

I totally agree with you, I don't use make up (I hate it, too much work) and everytime I have to, it enhances my natural features.

Posted 
Native
English
Other French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Beauty standards are f***ed up... I grew up in a society where my acquaintances asked for liposuctions, boob or nose jobs as birthday presents in HIGH SCHOOL. I grew up and live in a society where you should have big boobs or a big ass or you are not considered that beautiful enough or "hot", it's awful how little girls are thought what they can change in their bodies instead of making them feel confortable with themselves.

I totally agree with you, I don't use make up (I hate it, too much work) and everytime I have to, it enhances my natural features.

No one could have said it better! You can't even tell the difference between teenagers now and adults.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Oghenekevwe wrote:

No one could have said it better! You can't even tell the difference between teenagers now and adults.

That freaks me out!! I look younger than most twenty year old's I know!

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

That freaks me out!! I look younger than most twenty year old's I know!

I do too and I am in my 40's.

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I have learned to love myself and my body the way I am. I don't wear make up on a regular basis and I firmly believe that the more make up you put on your face the more it will messed it up with wrinkles and pimples. I feel sorry about the girls that need to put all that fake stuff on them to feel better about themselves. I mean, if they want to wear it it's ok but not to try to attain something they are not.

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I like being bald. No worrying about my hair anymore. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Other French

leosmith wrote:

I like being bald. No worrying about my hair anymore.

Big ups to you Leo:relaxed:

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

Just be yourself, I guess...

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Beauty is fine but is not a dealbreaker like most people claim it to be. I mean I've seen average looking girls that I find absolutely attractive based on their personality alone.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Personality vs physical appearance.

Posted 
    Feedback