EricJohn.Opao's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location

Thanks for the suggestion guys! I'll check those shows that I haven't seen yet.

Posted

aaronhawk wrote:
James.B wrote:
Khadijah.Davis wrote:
Dexter... Lol

I just (finally) started watching Dexter! Love it so far... very darkly funny.

yeah its a quite dark show. too much for me idk why :D

Final season sucked though. Final great season was with Trinity then it went down hill in my opinion.

Posted

Frederick.Dizon wrote:
Try the 70's show.

I'm actually binge watching this right now on Netflix lol. Currently on season 7. Fez is too funny haha

Posted

Hey guys, I want to binge watch a good series. Any recommendation? Could be anything from old to new as long as it's great lol. Any genre would suffice. Thanks!

Posted

Try Code Geass. It has robots but it's not the main thing about the anime. The story and the characters are just too good!

Posted

I'm pretty sure all of us love music. Growing up, most of my favorites were bands and singers from my country (Siakol, Eraserheads, Rivermaya, and etc.) but nowadays I'm more inclined to the music of 80s and 90s rock. I'm not really a fan of the music that is being given now and if I'll like one, I'll only like it for the beat and tune. It's hard to find a favorite band right now. The last band that I probably liked that is the most current would be Imagine Dragons. 

You could probably tell that the genre I like is Rock/Alternative Rock. How about you guys? What music were you listening growing up and did the genre change now?

Posted

The trailer for Glass just came out! Does anybody know what this movie is about? Really love Shyamalan movies! What's your favorite Shyamalan movie? Mine is The Village.

Posted

Okay thanks!

Posted

To be able to teach online with language, do you need to have certificate in order to become a certified tutor? Where do you usually learn how to teach and the materials needed.

Posted

Hope they bring back that franchise. I heard rumors they were adding teams sometime in the future.

Posted

Any NBA fans here? I'm a huge fan of the league and also the sport. I root for the Celtics lol. How about you guys? What team or player do you root for? Next season is gonna be wild!

Posted

This was too funny! Man, I love Chris Farley. Gone too soon! 

Posted

Where do all of you usually learn other languages? Is it through audio books or online or is it through a personal teacher. What seems do be the best way to learn it easily and more fun?

Edited

Hey guys, I always wanted to travel inside and outside my country but finances and time have not been on my side. I'm still young though. I hope to travel around the world someday. A place that I would really like to visit in our country is Pampanga. Pampanga has that food vibe that just gets me curious on tasting the food there. Pampanga is known as the Culinary capital of the Philippines. 

Countries outside the country that I would like to visit would then be Jerusalem, Japan, and some European countries. I also want to visit US someday. I mostly want to visit those countries for their food although their culture is also exciting. How about you guys? Where do you want to travel someday and what travel experiences that you had were memorable?

Posted

Rooting for France to win it all!

Posted

Same here! Burger is my all-time favorite!

Edited

Growing up as a kid, I was always fascinated with western food. I always see them in cartoons and movies and I would just salivate watching it. Filipino food is also great but it gets dull after eating it again and again although I haven't really traveled yet around the country to taste the dishes of the different provinces in here. 

Through social media, I also began to appreciate the different foods around the world. Nowadays, I am mostly fascinated with Indian or Malaysian dishes. How about you guys? What food did you love growing up and what are the dishes that you would like to experience in the future?

Posted

Hey guys! Any sports fan here? What sport are you the biggest fan of and what is the biggest sport in your country? Me personally, I am a huge fan of basketball and it is also really a big deal here. Just 2 weeks ago, a huge brawl happened in a basketball game and to make it much worse it was an international game (FIBA). It was between Australia and Philippines. I'm also a fan of American Football but I don't really follow the trends within it. I just watch the Superbowl. How about you guys? What sports are you most engaged in with?

Posted

The English subject is probably one of the hardest subjects for me when I was in school. It was too complex for me to learn the structure and details on how to properly construct sentences and also how to use words correctly. For me, I don't think it was really necessary to teach us this subject on a deeper level. It was even present in my college days in which I remember I probably had around 3-4 English subjects. Although I agree that it does help us become more fluent, I just don't think it was imperative to learn a lot of it. Also, to be honest, I'm pretty sure I learned about the English language more on experience by watching a lot American TV shows and movies. 

How about you? Was your experience in school also the same as me? Did you have lots of English subjects? or did it only have a few of them. Where did you primarily learn the language?

Posted

I only have 3 languages that I am fluent in. Bisaya, Tagalog, and English. Personally, I would like to know Spanish because I think the language is so elegant and graceful. Also it is one of the top universal languages in the world. The second language I would like to learn is Chinese but it is too complicated for me. We had a mandarin subject back in college and it was just too confusing for me. It was like learning an entire new language because it was very different with it's tone and diction unlike Spanish where some words are still close to the English language. Although someday, I would like to learn Chinese again because it is also one of the top languages in the world and also in my line of work, it is also good for business.

Posted

Nowadays people love to spend their money on lots of things. Some choose to spend it with friends. Some choose to spend it with their families. Some chose to spend it for themselves. But what sets them apart from the past generations is that this generation, people love to spend their money on travelling a lot more than before. With tourism on the roof and rising, people are a lot more engaged to save money for travelling purposes. This is where language comes in as a factor in touring new cultures across the globe.

Unless you are a linguistic person or you know somebody that can guide you around a new place, you need to learn the basic language of every culture you will meet along your journey. Even though English is a universal language, not everybody in the world and not every culture can speak the language fluently. It's still better to learn, even if it's basic, to learn other culture's language. When you speak in their own language, even if it's not fluent, they will still appreciate that you tried to communicate with them in their own language and it will be seen very genuine.

Learning other people's language will certainly lead to better experiences and memories that you will always cherish. That is why this site is a great way to learn each other's linguistic differences that will help us be more knowledgeable when it comes to travelling. 

Posted
Feedback