janahfacal..'s recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined14/7/2018LocationAbu Dhabi / AE
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

In the country where I am staying now, weather is too hot and humid at summer but when winter comes starting October until February, it is really extreme cold. Literally, no snow but only a foggy one and nice to have a cup of coffee, with muffins while having a chat with your friends.  

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Hello Lily, welcome to the community.  

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Marlan.Chunu wrote:
what are the 4 names of species of rhinos, and in which country's can they be found and what language do they speak in that country.

Rhinos can be found in the continent of Eastern and Southern Africa. According to a friendly Google, types of Rhinos are: Black and White Rhinos, Javan and Indian Rhinos. 

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

when I open a browser of this particular site on a first attempt, an error page occurred displaying this message. What I do is I always delete the rest of the URL for the page to be refreshed to put me through the correct web path.

Thank you.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

wow! I'm going to add this on my new list of words. Are these words widely used until now? Or if I am going to use this then I think no one will ever understand me at all, let say in a usual conversation not unless I am talking to a Linguist. 

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

For me, I love doing photo shoots of places, nature, people, unique things, ideas, etc and making video blogs- still a starter though and public speaking. 

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Aileen.Abaja wrote:
I started learning French language and as an achievement--i already know how to count from 1 to 100. Yey!!!

wow amazing! How did you do that? Y

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Sourabh.Kumar wrote:
I don't think learning a new language should stop because it opens up your mind to whole new level and also helps in self improvement.
Moreover, Technology always comes hand in hand with health issues, using those devices near to head more often will affect our brain with the heat radiation that it will emit.

Technology will help us a lot, especially if we need to have a quick information in a certain place like a popularly known virtual assistant, named "Siri" to answer your inquiries and designed/programmed in a certain languages that we understand. Accessibility and convenience wise, information comes in handy- anytime, anywhere; however, will not give you a complete language learning tailored on your own pace.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

leosmith wrote:
Can you give me a simple sample sentence where I must use magka-/magkaroon (any aspect), and cannot use may/meron?

"Magka vs. Magkaroon" as constructed in Filipino and translated in English:

"Magkaroon"

Humanap ng magandang trabaho upang magkaroon ng magandang kinabukasan.

To have a good future, one should look for a good or decent job.

"Magka"

Magkakaibigan kami.  

We are friends.

Magkakapatid kami.  

We are siblings.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Frederick.Dizon wrote:
Elso.Martinez wrote:
Had never heard of Bisaya, willI definitely look it up

Check this out.

nice one! Thanks for sharing!

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

only English and our native language Tagalog for now.. but willing to learn other languages. The only thing that hinders me from embracing other language is my time- how much time will I commit from learning a new one? I am pretty sure, you have same situation like mine..?

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

For me, I'd like to watch more of a true ghost story from Youtube but not too much of a horror film because I would not be able to sleep the whole day or the day after.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Some of the commonly known Filipino words borrowed from English words such as:

"Air-con" refers to cooling unit or AC (Air Conditioning) in English

"CR" for Comfort Room or Bathroom/Toilet

"blow-out" means abundant supply of food and drinks like throwing a party for family and friends.

"black-out" to mean no power or if there's total power outages.

We use these words as it is with same pronunciation and meaning but at times in a different or nearly same context.

I must say that it is dependent on how it is being used and interpreted; however, it can be generally accepted from one country to another.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Nice meeting you Wina and Khadijah.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

wow! Thanks for sharing.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Wow! I have been here in UAE for the last 8 years now, but learning Arabic words are really difficult for me because in my current job, we are surrounded by expats coming from a different culture with different languages but the primary language being used is English. We are using English words in our daily correspondences such as when sending emails to our client. I must say that learning a language is not a easy task, you must use and speak the language daily for you to be able to apply it correctly.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Is there anyone who can share other French word or any practical conversation that I can use of? I would really love to hear from you.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Here's the youtube link below, worth watching!

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

I agree..why not? That will be a great start.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Hi Jade, nice meeting you. Mon Amie..according to a friendly Google means My friend. Yeah! I got one from you..Thank you! Keep on coming please. 

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

yes helpful indeed.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Hello Michelle, Aaron, Frederick & Mr. Leo Smith! 

Hope you're all having a great time.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Bonjour Madame, Monsieur!

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Kasamang Aileen,

Isang halimbawa lang eto :)  

Mahilig kasi ako mag-aral at magbasa ng mga tamang gamit sa Filipino kaya eto ang naidulot.  

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Ang galing! 

Ako naman ay taga Norte. :)

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

For me, it depends on your goal or purpose. What do you want to achieve and what is it for? Am pretty sure, that there is a purpose why you want to learn one specific language. I believe that all languages are essential, if you want to know a lot of things.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Ang wika ng pagkakaibigan ay hindi sa pananalita lamang bagkus ito'y napapakita sa mga kahulugan, kilos at gawa.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

I thought that this tag is just a default but you have the option to change it anytime you like.  

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

The "Add Link" icon is not working. So I always have to copy and paste the useful link that I want to put in my comment.  

I think it would be better if the URL posted should automatically take you to the page where you want to quickly browse on something.

Or am I just missing this point? But I did the whole exercise and yet to no avail.

Thanks.

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

I would recommend for you to check this link, very useful script for a daily conversation.

https://www.easypacelearning.com/all-lessons/learning-english-level-1/1101-small-talk-english-conversation-lesson

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Learning Arabic language is very advantageous if you intend to work in Arab Countries where Arabic is the widely spoken language. The privilege of being accepted easily besides your job qualification and put in a priority level over those non-Arabic speaker expat.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Try meeting as well, "Simuno" (Subject) and "Panaguri" (Predicate).

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

ikaymoreno wrote:
What's funny is that I teach English grammar. :P I know how because it's taught from grade school to college. I don't even know the Tagalog words for the parts of speech. :dizzy_face:

Parts of Speech - Mga Bahagi ng Pananalita

:)

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Spanish..because lot of Filipino words have a Spanish language influenced. 

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Kumusta po sa inyong lahat? Lahat po ba kayo ay nasa Pilipinas ngayon? Pwede din tayong magbahagi sa isa't isa ng mga karagdagang kaalaman tungkol sa mga salitang bago sa ating pandinig, sang-ayon ba kayo?

Mahalin ang ating sariling wika.

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

In the Philippines, although we are using one common language, so called Tagalog; however, we speak also other dialects especially if we are having a conversation with a local people located at the extreme parts of our country. It can be evidently observed on younger generation today on the difficulty of using our national language; either not taught the proper way or how to say it with such great confidence.

So in conclusion, it will go back to the very foundation of their family who has the primary responsibility of honing, not only the character but also one aspect of child’s development, that is to learn and understand one and common Filipino language.

Edited
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

One good tip is watching a show called TEDx Talks. It will give you some insights not only in speaking but also presenting your ideas in a more comprehensible manner.

see this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnw168huqA

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Hello guys... I am originally from the Philippines but currently working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I would love to meet people from a diverse countries in the world. I love to be connected with people and talk about new and interesting topics, and definitely would love to learn new languages especially French. 

Posted
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Why not? If you are interested to meet diverse people with a different cultural background and languages then you are an open-minded person willing to explore and can easily adapt to changes wherever you go.

Posted
Feedback