SujithPrathap's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

I have been currently been hired to do branding for a Capital Investment company with Middle Easter roots. The brief I have been given is to come up with a name for the company where the name has its roots in eastern, arabic or hindi roots. Looking to the community to help me with name suggestions. 

Please give me the name as well as the meaning.

One name I came up with is Zaitoon Capital. Where Zaitoon means Olive, Sower of Seeds and Fiery. Looking for other possible names. :)

Posted

Welcome to the site Chinyere. Happy learning :)

Posted

None taken. I just prefer to know the experience of people rather than a machine. :P 

Posted

My high school had a motto in latin saying Integretas et Veritas meaning Righteousness and Truth. Would love to know of instances where it is being used or spoken or is Latin as a language dead?

Posted

I just came across Kulning and cannot think of anythign more sweeter or melidious. 

Edited

If the two translations were the same wher even the essence could be captured when translation from one language to another then it could be possible. But in most cases the answer is no.

Posted

If u have other reasons please add it in the comments.

Posted

Thankyou so much. That would be great. :)

Posted

For . eg in english consider all nouns as gender nuetral. Whereas in Hindi school is considered female.

Posted

One of the ways to feel the pulse of a country is through understanding the music of the country. I would love to hear suggestions of cult music/rock anthems/hugely popular songs from different countries.

Posted

can u post words in a language that you know of that mean something totally different in another language.

Posted

CAn you give me your inspirations quotes from differnt lanugaes and also their english meaning. 

Mine is from Hindi सब्र का फल मीठा होता है ------> The fruits of pantience are always sweet.

Posted

Have you ever gone out on a date with someone who did not speak your language? I did, and it was one of the most genuine dates ever because you do not wasted time trying to pretend or show off. It felt so natural, honest and genuine. I guess when you strip away the pretence associated with knowing a language all this is left is the genuineness of the person.

Posted

Thankyou dragonsky. :)

Posted

Can u give me idioms from non english languages.

Posted

What according to you are the best speeches in a language other than English. We have a I have a dream by Martin Luther King or The Independence Day speech by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.

Posted

I do love the Italian accent. There seems to be so much passion in the way that they are speaking. 

Posted

I know that most languages in India have their own script. ie. each letter is unique whereas french, italian, spanish all make use of letters from the english alphabet with a few additions to the alphabet. How many languages do you know that have a unique script.

Posted

Can you suggest me the best horrors films in languages other than in English.

Posted

Do you know of any languages that were created recently in the last 10 years. Do you think that there will come a time when a new langue will come which will be spoken globally across the world.

Posted

Can anyone help me with board games that were specifically invented in non-english countries that are still played today. 

Posted

For Example, Cockney in english is a dialect where phrases are used to denote things.

https://londontopia.net/londonism/fun-london/language-top-100-cockney-rhyming-slang-words-and-phrases/

Posted

Could you please suggest me famous books written in a different language that have been translated to english. I feel that this is a good way to learn about the mindset of the people in a country before learning the language. 

Posted

I ran into this minor alignment issue on Find a Teacher. The cursor is to the right of the W in Which. Ideally it should be at the start.

Edited

This is a minor irritant but an irritant nonetheless. You cna find the screen grab here. https://cl.ly/d61f2599e86b

Posted

A dialect can cause for some words to be represented differently in different dialects. Do you think that this is a problem as someone starting out learning a language?

Posted

In the welcome mail that I got. There is a click link to verify. Most websites also provide the full link apart from the hyperlink from text. This would help users who might not be using rich text on mail clients.

Posted

Welcome to the site. Wishing you the best.

Posted

The idea is great. But for this to work doesn't there need to be a common known language?

Posted

I have heard the with the advent of technology and translators there are very few takers to learn new languages. Just wanted to know if you know of any languages that are victims of this.

Posted

The easiest way according to be is to pick up the most functional words. Words that when used can achieve a purpose. Then once you have mastered these you move on to getting the grammer right and forming crude sentences. You could try using these in shops. In most places when I have tried to do this, I always seem to get better discounts from shop keepers or get locals to open up more. What's most important is that you take the time off to make an effort.

Posted

Hello,

I would be traveling to Italy and would love to learn the basics for conversing. 

Posted

English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada. 

Posted

When I was in school we were told to learn languages that written. But now dont you think that learning sign language is much more important as it is more universal and inclusive.

Posted

I've hears it takes years to learn the basics of Chinese. 

Posted

What makes us efficient is understanding where and when certain words should be used. 

Posted

Binge watch The Mentalist. It has concluded so u don't have to wait agonizingly for the next season. 

Posted

I am learning Italian as i am traveling to Italy. People open up when you speak their language and that is what i am aiming for. 

Posted

I will be travelling to Italy next month. Can someone please help me with the most important phrases that I need to know before travelling there.

Posted

Ideally what I would do is to start speaking the language in bits and pieces to the people whom I know. Then gain mastery over those by repetition. Maybe talk to a pretty girl and try to impress her with the broken bits of the language I know. Get a discount at the local farmer with the broken bits of the language. Most people appreciate the effort and will reward you. This gratification will spur me to learn even more.

Posted

I am new to the site and love learning new languages. Currently in the process of planning a trip to Italy and thought I should learn a little italian before I go there. Looking forward to interacting with the vibrant community here.

Best Regards,

Sujith

Posted

Hello Sloftin,

Welcome to the community. Happy learning.

Best Regards,

Sujith

Posted
Feedback