Chill's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Spanish

Aleksys.P wrote:

Chill wrote:

Aleksys.P wrote:

I'm currently reading "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E Frankl, I'm into non-fiction, memoirs, and some history.. so far this book is good!

ooooh. we have the same taste in books :grin::grin:

you might want to share some titles? :sweat_smile:

have you read the Count of Monte Cristo?

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

I'm a Hobbit.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Welcome, welcome. You will learn a lot of things here :two_hearts:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Singapore, Malaysia & Brunei. 

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Pure interest. I think learning different languages is a great idea. Not only does it gives you additional employment advantages but also helps you to communicate effectively with other people specifically the ones whose first language is the one that you're learning.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Smartchiny wrote:

Charlyn wrote:

Hi Smartchiny! Yes, Tagalog and Cebuano are native languages here.

between these two and Filipino, which of the three is the easiest to learn?

Hello! Filipino is what people in the Philippines are called. It is not a language :)) but if you meant between Tagalog and Cebuano, they're both pretty easy to learn. :heart_eyes:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Aleksys.P wrote:

Found this Youtube video. Very informative!

I need this in my life. Thank you :heart:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

It has to be Christmas for me. Everyone (almost?) seems and is happy! It's a lovely sight and feeling :heart:. Also, gifts. Family gathering as overseas relatives come home. Christmas parties! Exchanging gifts! Opening presents on Christmas morning! Happy children! Delicious and lots and lots of food :heart::heart::heart:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Aleksys.P wrote:

I'm currently reading "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E Frankl, I'm into non-fiction, memoirs, and some history.. so far this book is good!

ooooh. we have the same taste in books :grin::grin:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

This is so informative and interesting. Although after reading leo's comment makes me doubt it just a little bit. :)

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Oh, happy birthday Dragonsky!! I hope you're enjoying so far :tada:

Now for your question . . . You know how when we get old our birthdays seem to be just like any other day hahaha. I'm looking forward more to my children's birthdays. 

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

How I Met Your Mother

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Mai wrote:

Hey Chill, I'm sorry to hear that. I often consult this site on metaphysical reasons , i.e. emotional and mental reasons (which are btw the roots of all illnesses) behind states, conditions, illnesses. Please check under Speech, you will find the condition of delayed speech. Good luck getting additionally informed afterwards. I encourage you to trust it and get further informed, in order to tackle the issue at its core when there is still time.

http://www.ourspiritualnutrition.com/is05.htm#Our_Spiritual_Nutrition.

Best,

Awwww this is so helpful. Thanks, Mai :heart:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Hello, Kabayans. I'm from Cebu naman :heart:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Ari wrote:

Hi, I have found that the mobile version of the website is easier to navigate and use than the desktop version. For me, the reading tool doesn't work properly on my desktop. I am not sure if it is certain software requirement that my computer doesn't have.

Thanks.

I kinda agree. I'm using edge as browser on the desktop site, OS windows 10. Although the mobile website sometimes freezes for 3 seconds when you click on a link before it directs you to the next page.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

My 3 yo daughter is speech delayed. I don't know if this is some kind of a genetic thing but all I can remember is when me and my husband were both on graveyard shifts and slept during the day, our daughter was just inside the room where we were sleeping - glued to the mobile phone watching YouTube videos. You can judge me as a bad parent but I seriously didn't think then that we will come to this point. :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone who is or was on the same situation? Or does anyone have any tips - games, exercises, books that we can use to help our baby girl? Also, what are the factors that causes speech delay in children? And do they ever come out of it?

Thank you! :two_hearts:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

I love the British accent. :two_hearts:

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

leosmith wrote:

There are 4 pillars of language learning (I got that from Bex, and I'd like to keep it). Conversation, listening, reading and writing. Which one is the most important to you? Which one do you most want to get good at? I want to get good at all 4, but conversation is the most important to me by far.

I chose conversation. It already covers listening and talking. To be able to keep up a conversation is something not everyone is good at. I want to be good in his area.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Nakakaranas lamang kami ng malalakas na bugso ng hangin dito sa Cebu pero nagpapakita pa rin naman si Haring araw.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Grammar is important. However, if one person who struggles with it was able to send the message across, then I think that'll do. Although I don't know how some are able to follow strict grammar rules and others can't. Is it something that is natural or acquired? 

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

I just got addicted to Netflix. I'm a bit late, I know and I just wished I gave in to the hype earlier hahahaha. It's not a TV show but I loved 'The Crown' so much. One of the things that endeared me to the show was their accent and the British English. 

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

I haven't moved to a different country but this is one of my goals for now. Philippines is getting hard to live in I just wish I were born some place else. 

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

I can't possibly be the only one to answer there are many to mention. Lol!! We have at least one favorite in every course on the menu. However, I have to give it to Sisig and Sinigang na Hipon specificially from Chikaan. With lots of rice. Ahhh. Heaven on earth.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Where I live, almost every other island has a dialect of its own. We have 7,107 islands total.

Posted
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Japan. This is the country that I think is for me and my little family. On my part, I love how humble, industrious and well-mannered Japanese people are. I guess this is what endears me most to the country. My husband, likewise, loves Japan for its people (he even dreamt of marrying a Japanese woman when he was younger hahaha) and for one more thing - anime. He is planning to learn Nihonggo so if he gets lucky and travels to Japan, he can understand the people straight away. I would also love for my children to adopt the Japanese attitude. Efficient, well-mannered, family-oriented, creative - these are the characteristics that I think will come handy for the future generation. It would be nice to impart these to them as early as now.

Posted
Feedback