Posted
I love my pets.
Posts0Likes0Joined9/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Tick "desktop site", please see attached screenshot :blush:

I use this functionality too, and it works very well. Only problem you might likely experience is when using the editor while still in this desktop site functionality.., typing (especially when deleting) might annoy you here and there.

Edited
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Try Eating Fried Oats

KARU

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

dragonsky wrote:
Speaking for sure.
For example many people know how to SAY the word "know" (idk jus an example) but I think some of the people that don't know English would definitely misspell the word cause of the K at the beginning :D

I like your approach in explaining your view. Nice one!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Dean wrote:
The editor we're using for desktops/laptops doesn't typically work on the phones. It ends up behaving differently based on what software keyboard you have installed.

Well Noted.

Dean wrote:

The default samsung keyboard would work but the google,swiftkey,etc would not on android so we took the decision to reduce the functionality on mobiles in this case.

Am using the default Huawei keyboard

Dean wrote:

We intend to revisit this in the future though.

That would be great, looking forward to it.

Dean wrote:
Maybe we can fix what ever is making you want to see the desktop site version on the phone if it isn't to do with the editor itself.
Could you please describe the issues you have with the normal mobile view?

I will try using the mobile phone directly, on both Chrome and Opera Mini and see whether I will experience the issues. Will surely let you know!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Never encountered this, but my friend was discontinued from a video call interview primarily based on his accent. And funny enough, the job was in the technical field, not a customer representative/care where accent might be considered!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Oghenekevwe wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:

Well now you do! You're welcome :wink:

Sure I do, all thanks to you!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Ooh Portuguese! I might be learning that soon after am done with  

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Charlyn wrote:
Your welcome Charles. Yes, I will give it a try soon. :)

All the best!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

What a question! Lol I have never thought about it hahaha. I just know that the phrase sheds tons of fear to employees, but dont have the slightest idea where it came from.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Am not sure whether am the only one having this issue. When travelling, I login here using my Phone. For a better experience, I use android's 'Chrome broswer' since it have the option to see a 'desktop site' version of a website on a phone. The problem comes in when am typing something on the forum or chat etc. When I type something and then try to delete, the action becomes shitty. I delete, and the word retypes itself...i delete again and the same continue repeating itself time and again. I wish there was a way I could record and send the video showing that.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Mel.Palogan wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:

I'm a big fan of vlogger Mark Wiens. I love his Kenya episode, looks like a fascinating place to visit!

Oh sure it is. Keep it noted somewhere in your diary :)

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Oghenekevwe wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:

I think as Ari said, it all depends on the learning style of an individual.

I totally agree!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Oghenekevwe wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:

All the best, I'm looking to learn Spanish once I finish my french lessons!

All the best!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Although I find both as being difficult, I think writing is harder than speaking, on a personal level. Am sure there must be some people who find writing being easier...so i guess this is more of a personal perspective 

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Kenya. Here you can enjoy a lot of tourist attraction things including beaches, wildlife9elephants, lions, giraffes,zebras, leopard, cheetah etc), mountain climbing, bird watching, historical sites, traditional cultures, traditional dishes, wildebeest migration, lakes among others. The fees are affordable and visa regulations are not very strict.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Hey and welcome to this growing circle. Am also interested in learning French, once I complete my Spanish lessons. All the best!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sure, you can give it a try. It is relatively easy compared to most of the other languages

Charlyn wrote:
Hi Charles! Welcome to our circle! Enjoy and have fun in your stay here! :relaxed:I think I like to consider learning Swahili soon since you said it's easy to learn. :)

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Any recommendations for a good all for learning Spanish. I checked on Google Play Store and literary there were like millions of them. Which makes me conclude that most of them are full of junk

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Wow, so helpful.Thanks for sharing this...and hope more are on the 

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

edz.conde wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:
I guess reading books is my main one. Especially those aimed at educating on how to improve your lifestyle, habits, thinking, social interactions and such. I also used to be part of a group sometimes ago that dealt with musical instruments, but I kind of 'dropped out'. I used to train playing violin.

Learning how to play a guitar is included in my bucket list. I want to pursue that side by side with my eldest learning the same. I want my children to know how to play at least one musical instrument. :blush:

Wow, at least you have someone to train with. Am also hoping to get a 'learning partner'. And hey, all the best on your children as they learn the musical instrument

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Michelle.Batan wrote:
Hi Charles! Enjoy your stay here :blush:

Thanks for the welcome

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Swahili is a lovely language, and it's very simple to learn. You should give it a try...

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

lol, thanks. Love your name too. I appreciate the welcome :)

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Got couple of them, but the best must be Gangnam style by the Korean guy

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

I have never tried this method, but it sure seems nice. Since am learning Spanish, I will be looking fofor Spanish movies soon...btw, any suggestions?

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Sielewi kwa nini waswahili tu wachache hivyo, na pia wanaotaka kujifunza kiswahili pia ni wachache mno. 

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

WoWow, sounds good enough. I will be checking it soon!

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Hi all! Am Charles, a new member. Feeling so great to be here, learn new , meet new people and socialize with you blessed people. Am from Kenya, Africa. English and Swahili are mainmy main languages, but hope to learn one or two new languages.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

I guess reading books is my main one. Especially those aimed at educating on how to improve your lifestyle, habits, thinking, social interactions and such. I also used to be part of a group sometimes ago that dealt with musical instruments, but I kind of 'dropped out'. I used to train playing violin.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Swahili

1. Waitwaje?

2.' Unaitwa nani?

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Nakuunga mkono ya kwamba Watanzania wanazungumza Kiswahili mufti sana, haswa kile cha 'ndani' kabisa. Na humu Kenya, walio katika maeneo ya Pwani pia wana umaarufu sana wa lugha ya Kiswahili. 

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Am still stuck. I have lots of languages I want to learn. Spanish, French, Chinese, korean and Germany are the main ones. Yet it still remains so hard to make a choice on which to select. Am not sure, but would really want to know, what motivates people to select a certain new language. Is it because they love its accent? Or probably because you wanna make some friends whose that is their native language? Or maybe, you want to learn their culture? Am sure there are many factors that determines the choice, but am also even more sure that there exists that one factor that is the generally at the top of the list.

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Well, am hoping to learn a new language. My current languages are Swahili and English. My yearning is to Learn either Chinese, French or Spanish (not yet decided). For those who have done it before, how long am I likely to take to attain conversational level, considering I learn for about 5 hours per week, and what are the underlying factors that will determine this duration?

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

I would go with the Spanish accent. There is just 'something' about it that I can't explain in words, especially in their songs

Posted
I love my pets.
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

Wow, how do you manage to balance all those language? My languages are only Swahili and English (and a local one too). Am hoping to learn a new language here, probably Spanish or French just unsure how the experience will be lol

Posted
I love my pets.
Feedback