Sergey.Snzahar's recent posts

Posts8Likes4Joined2/1/2020LocationBY
Native
Russian
Learning English, Polish, Spanish

Thanks very much for making the changes!

Everything works perfect!

Posted
Native
Russian
Native
Russian

No, but:

Windows 7 PRO SP1 (32 bit) with browser chrome 74.0.3729.131 (32 bit) or firefox 68.7.0 (32 bit) - the first click changes the color of the word.

Windows 10 PRO (64 bit) with browser chrome 81.0.4044.129 (64 bit) or firefox 67.0.4 (64 bit) - the first click changes the color of the word.

Edited
Native
Russian

For clarity.

Right now, the first click changes the color of the word to green and the status of the word to "learning" (browser firefox, chrome).

"1. The first click doesn't change the color." - is that a plan?

Posted
Native
Russian

Hi, Leosmith.

Because:

1. I do not plan to set each word to “learning” status (green color) when clicking. (Perhaps an intermediate status “word has already met” (brown color) is required.

2. Additionally, it will be good to be able to click 2-3 times on a word for pronunciation (and without automatically changing the status of the word.

Edited
Native
Russian

Obviously, but the question was different.

Can I turn off the automatic change in the status of words when I click a word in the text?

Edited
Native
Russian

Is it possible to change the mode of highlighting the status of words from cyclic automatic, which depends on the number of clicks (red-> green-> white -> red -> ...) to manual with a choice?

Posted
Native
Russian

A fairly accurate description of the problem and its solving, when same word stay in text in various forms, using an example:

1. addon for chrome named vocabsplitter (www.vocabsplitter.com )

https://www.reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/dbm6w2/need_some_opinions_on_vocab_splitter_a_tool/

…"fais", "fait", "faisons", " faites" as different words, although their lemma is the same ("faire"). So if we have already added "fais" to our vocabulary, and then later when we encounter the word "faisons" in a text, the tool will treat "faisons" as a different word from "fais" and mark it as "unknown" (red colour), and we have to add "faisons" to our vocabulary again…”

Solving.

“…Finally, I decided to add both "Variant" and "Lemma" modes for the words. In "Lemma" mode, variants like "fais", "fait", "faisons", " faites" will be treated as one word ("faire"), while in "Variant" mode, they will be treated as different words. In order to choose between "Variant" and "Lemma" modes, you will need to go the the "Profile/Settings" page to set the Vocabulary Mode to either "Use Variant" or "Use Lemma" (the default mode is "Use Variant") ..:

2. Solving in addon for chrome named wordology ( https://geajack.github.io/Wordology/):

Use Smart Matching modes (prefix and suffix analysis) - heuristic algorithm.

May be not 100 % accuracy but these words in modified forms are marked with an additional color. The user independently decides whether to change the translation.

PS It is quite exhausting and annoying to assign status and color to the same word in various forms.

I prefer "Lemma" mode. (Polish language)

Edited
Feedback