Andalwisye.Horton's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined7/5/2020LocationAurora / US
Native
English
Learning Arabic - Standard, Japanese

leosmith wrote:
Hi Dalwih. Wow, those are some tough languages you are studying. I've also got some interest in learning Arabic, but it will be a while before I get to it, probably years. There is a place to keep a log here too if you're interested in that. Welcome!

Thank you! It helps that my Arabic is quite strong already :D It's mostly just improvements in my vocabulary and speaking that I'm making there. Japanese is all from scratch though! Thank you for informing me about the logs, I will definitely be using them!

Posted
Posts0Likes0Joined7/5/2020LocationAurora / US
Native
English
Learning Arabic - Standard, Japanese

Hello Everyone! My name is Andalwisye, but most people call me Dalwih, or by my usual online handle, Spekkun. I've only recently become a bit of a language enthusiast! I grew up learning Arabic as a second language, though I'm nowhere near as fluent as I'd like to be (but I guess that tends to happen when you learn a language because your parents made you, rather than because you want to). 

I'm currently brushing up on my Arabic, but most of my energy is going into learning Japanese :) I've long been a fan of Japanese music, and one day, not too long ago, I decided to learn the Hiragana, and it was so much fun and so challenging that I decided why stop there? It's my hope to become fluent in Japanese :D I want to be able to converse, read, and write in Japanese! And once I feel comfortable enough with where I am, I'd love to learn another language, in particular Korean (I have so many Korean friends, haha). 

I'm so glad I found this site, and I hope it will help me on my road to becoming a Polyglot! 

Posted
Feedback