Kirsti.Steibel's recent posts

Posts8Likes11Joined17/5/2020LocationBesançon / FR
Native
Swedish
Learning Chinese - Mandarin

Well, the test flopped. It was a multiple choice test. The problem was that I didn't succeed in being able to "open" the test in order to write on the "sheet". The connection with the Zoom room didn't either work properly. My family changed, in order to get a broader band, to an optical fiber last week but I think something went wrong with the installation. What I will try next is to order my certificate from a beginner online course I finished last summer. Then I'll upload the certificate to Högskolan Dalarna. For those interested in language resources, there are some free courses you can find in Coursera.

Posted
Native
Swedish
Native
Swedish

Hi. I am very greatful for this post. After reading it I am trying to enter the Dalarna University. For those interested in joining the courses starting on 16 January the inscriptions have to be finished before 17 October. I will have a placement test next Monday. Except for the microphone and camera in order to enter the Zoom room for the test, do you know how a test for entering Kinesiska II is made up? Do I need a keyboard enabling me to write in Chinese? I suppose they will speak to me. Did you, GermanPolyglot, make a placement test? Can you tell me about it? Thanks,

Kirsti

Posted
Native
Swedish

Eagerly waiting.

Posted
Native
Swedish

In the Guardian's article there was this phrase “my quarrel with the English language has been that the language reflected none of my experience”. It feels so true. Sometimes I have the feeling there just does not exist an accurate word to express the same thing in two different languages.

Posted
Native
Swedish

I got to know about this day not really having searched for it. I discovered they have a site with lots of fun information or even challenges, from a simple greeting someone (e.g. saying “hello”, etc.) or even saying ‘I love you!’ in 5 different languages within 1 minute to spening an afternoon with one's friends only speaking a foreign language. 

Posted
Native
Swedish

It's a pity dialects in China are not seen as a resource.

Posted
Native
Swedish

Thank you for this interesting blog. Among celebrating days there was the European Day of Language on 26 September.

Posted
Feedback