tautologico's recent posts

Posts3Likes3Joined15/12/2020LocationBR
Native
Portuguese
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, English, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese

Yeah it seems to work now, and there are spaces between words. I'll test adding more passages. 

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, English, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese

Yeah I think the main issue may be caused by the importer merging most of the words together. I don't know if it happens because Vietnamese text uses a lot of unicode combining characters for the tone marks, usually the vowel is a single character or code point and then there's another character that is the tone mark that is combined with the previous character, so ầ (usually displayed as a single "character"/grapheme) is â + `.

Edited
Native
Portuguese

I don't know if this is a known issue, but importing text in Vietnamese to use with the reading tool does not seem to work. I tried importing the captions from a youtube video and the resulting text was all garbled, with few words recognized as words (the rest a mass of text without spaces). I thought it might be some issue with the importer so I imported a passage by copying the text (lyrics to a song) and the result is the same (so the importer worked). Also, the passages I create using Vietnamese as language seem to disappear from any list (there are no passages listed in "my passages" in Vietnamese). 

I will try creating it again: https://oplingo.com/reading/12554/read

And I'm attaching a screenshot to show how it gets if the passage can't be accessed. 

The original video is at MIN - ‘TRÊN TÌNH BẠN DƯỚI TÌNH YÊU’ OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO - YouTube

Edited
Feedback