A.L.'s recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined3/4/2022LocationIL
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Russian, Swahili

No. Total length, or total word count, I don't remember exactly what you call it.

Posted
Native
English

How interesting. Maybe my browser got an update last night, because now I'm not seeing it anymore either. 

Posted
Native
English

No worries! Thanks so much!

Posted
Native
English

You're welcome, glad it helps.

Haha no, the grey rectangles aren't too bad, but pink or green is a bit much! They're only grey because I ignored them once I realized what was going on. I can only imagine how distracting it could be for someone else.

Posted
Native
English

Ooh I'm excited for a new (and less buggy!) version of the app!

I've tried it on Chrome itself on that device, and had the exact same behavior. I can only see the audio player with Desktop Mode enabled in Landscape. I'm attaching some pictures. The menu is open to show that the audio player appears when desktop mode is enabled and disappears when it is disabled.

Posted
Native
English

That's exactly it, they won't "show" because they are blank spaces and newlines. I'm attaching an example. I added red marks to the image pointing to some of them, they appear as grey rectangles. If you highlight the text in my previous comment, you should see that they are in fact there, just invisible.

Posted
Native
English

I will write them again, starting with the square bracket (non-inclusive), ending with the / (inclusive) with no additional spaces, newlines or otherwise. 

You should find a space, a space+ newline, and of course /

רגע, אולי אם אכתוב בעברית לפני זה יעבוד

[ ‫

‫/

Literally every Latin character or English word included in a Hebrew passage is counted, and all English words appearing in Swahili are counted. I can send a list, but there have already been a lot of them and it would take a while.

How can I fix typos in a passage? (Sorry, newbie questions!) Also, how can I define undefined words when I can't find the definition anywhere? (I know how to add a definition to a word) 

Posted
Native
English

In Hebrew, they appear as blank spaces, and the third one includes the carriage return/newline

‫ ‫

‫ ‫

/

And a lot of English words and letters

In Swahili "'/:

And a few typos(I think):

eqweta

halimtoki (undefined)

Habri

Ilbawi (undefined)

izidi (undefined)

kavae (undefined)

matupu (undefined)

minane (undefined)

All the ones I marked as undefined were checked in 2 different places. 

Many words are translated as the same word.

And many English words.

Posted
Native
English

Can we have sliders, or a typed range to limit the total word count of results? For example, as a beginner in a language, a 700 word article is far too long, and I often want more than the 30-50 words easily available when sorting by increasing word length. I'd prefer to be able to limit by word count, rather than limit by level.

Posted
Native
English

Hi,

This was on a Galaxy Tab A running Android 8.1.

I found a single way to make the audio-only lessons play audio: using the browser, setting the site to desktop mode (via a browser setting), and turning the tablet to landscape.

Audio in audio-only lessons didn't work otherwise, and I tried both in the app and the browser. I was using Brave browser (Chrome -based).

From what I saw, YouTube lessons and plain text both work fine.

Posted
Native
English

I clicked Add Comment at the bottom of this lesson, it has the problem

https://languagecrush.com/reading/18888/read

Posted
Native
English