Jinx's recent topics

Posts10Likes4Joined27/4/2021LocationDE
Native
English
Learning Catalan, Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Croatian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish

I've noticed that sometimes one word in a text I'm reading will appear as a completely different random word, sometimes in an entirely different language. See the attached screenshot for an example; the indicated word on the left is supposed to be "activerait" but it looks like "luurankosi", which seems to be a Finnish word from what I can tell.

The interesting thing is that when I go to edit the text, the Finnish word no longer appears in this spot – instead, the proper French word "activerait" is there, exactly where it's supposed to be. (See second screenshot.)

When I click "Save and open" and go back to that spot in the text, however, the Finnish word is still there. It also remains when I refresh the page, and when I open a different text and then return to this one. Any ideas what could be going on?

Edited
Posts10Likes4Joined27/4/2021LocationDE
Native
English
Learning Catalan, Chinese - Mandarin, Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Croatian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish

I started noticing this a few days ago. When you click on words in the Reading Tool and the automated female voice pronounces them, there's a very annoying buzzing sound that happens on every word. This didn't happen before – there were previously no problems with the audio here. At first I assumed it was a problem with my computer's speakers, but I tested audio on various other websites and it only happens on Language Crush. I checked in texts for Italian, Spanish, and French, and it happens for all of them, on every word I select to listen to.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea why it's happening all of a sudden?

Posted
Feedback