deleted.99687's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined24/11/2022Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Yiddish

Ok. I've been using several similar sites/software over the years and I'd like to give some input on the site. It seems that LanguageCrush still has some way to go and I'd like to help out, if possible. Desktop only (I'll test Android in time).

Some lower hanging fruit:

1 - The edit box for Yiddish (no doubt also other RTL) is still LTR. The reading page is ok but the edit box is not. RTL + right-justified is needed for passage name/passage text/course name from what I can figure out.

2 - On the 'my courses' page: show word stats for each course. (unknown, total, etc + number of passages, level)

3 - On the 'create a passage' /edit page: remove the space above 'Create a Passage' and increase the size of the 'Passage Text' box by a few lines

4 - Allow for changing font size on reading page and in edit boxes (its so tiny!)

5 - On the 'course details' page: align the word stats better so they don't jump around from line to line (perhaps make it 2 lines by default:

Unknown Words (###%) Learning (###%)

Known Words (###%) Total Words (###%)

alternatively, shorten it:

Words: Unknown (###%) : Learning (###%) : Known (###%) : Total (###%)

6 - Show known words for each language on profile

7 - (Bonus 1) Allow for adding native languages as learning languages. I'm working on both of mine!

8 - (Bonus 2) Allow level to also be a range (A1-A2, A1-B1, Beginner-Intermediate, etc) (course details could be set manually OR just whatever the passages it contains have set (all passages are A1, it shows A1, some are also A2 so it shows A1-A2)

Edited

Language learner and lover.

Posts0Likes0Joined24/11/2022Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish, Yiddish

Tried paying by CC from several browsers. The green thing just keeps spinning around. Is this a known bug?

Posted

Language learner and lover.

Feedback