Duolingo vs Babbel vs Tandem

If you've tried these apps, which one if you're favorite?

76.9%

15.4%

7.7%

This poll will run forever.

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

aaronhawk wrote:

I like Babbel. I used Duolingo too for a while. But they need you to be online with your mobile device to practice. You cant download lessons.

Thats why i choose Babbel. And the lessons are way cooler in my opinion.

Can lessons be downloaded on Babbel?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:
aaronhawk wrote:
I like Babbel. I used Duolingo too for a while. But they need you to be online with your mobile device to practice. You cant download lessons.
Thats why i choose Babbel. And the lessons are way cooler in my opinion.
Can lessons be downloaded on Babbel?
I only tried the free version of Babbel on the mobile. Hopefully somewhere might know. I'm also interested. Thanks for asking! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

ikaymoreno wrote:
Duolingo and Busuu are both good for vocab and basic grammar but they won't really help you become conversational. For that, you'd need to attend a class or look into great audio books.

Exactly my thoughts. I tried Duolingo. It's good for basic vocab but it isn't really commendable for speech learning. I thought I had learned to speak some basic French greetings taught by Duolingo but when I tried to talk to a live person, the actual spoken accent is way different than what Duolingo taught me. Moral lesson: don't rely too much on non-human teachers :-D

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined22/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I started using Duolingo three months ago and I think the App is OK. I haven't tried any of the others because I didn't know them.

I agree that Duolingo makes it hard to remember the words but the learning style is like playing a quiz which is interesting for me.

If I was to choose being an animal, I will like to be an Eagle.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Both apps are great for vocab building though. That and it's prefect for learners who don't have the time or the funds to take formal langauge lessons.

--

ikay

Posted 
    Feedback