What are your favorite ways to learn a new language?

What is your favorite way to learn a new language?

14.3%

14.3%

14.3%

0%

14.3%

14.3%

14.3%

14.3%

This poll ended

Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

What are your favorite ways to learn a new language and why?

Because of my schedule I had to adapt to apps and audio books. I've always wanted to join a group class and this website makes me feel like I'm in a group class now! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

In person in the country of native speakers pretty much everything I studied went out the window when I arrived here nobody speaks textbook Spanish. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

textbooks, TV shows/movies, reading and youtube :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined26/9/2019LocationKR
Native
Korean

In my case, in order to get familiar with a new language that I want to learn, I watch Netflix with that new language subtitle.

I think before leaning new language, it is important to get familiar with it :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined23/9/2019LocationNovi Sad / RS
Native
Serbian
Learning Danish, English, Russian

In my case, I just love trying to immerse myself completely in a new language and make as much of my life as possible revolve around the language. Which can sometimes lead to confusion and funny situations, but it goes with the method I guess :D

For example, right now (aside from Danish classes at university) I'm watching two Danish shows: The Bridge (it's Danish-Swedish, which also helps with figuring out the differences between the two languages) and Doggystyle (just started it and it kinda sucks so I might quit haha) and reading a book of Donald Duck (Anders And) comics in Danish. I also listen to a ton of Danish music. I also like a lot of Russian music and watch some Russian youtube when I have the time, to not completely lose the language while I'm not actively studying it.

It's always said that kids in Serbia learn English by watching cartoons, and I guess I'm trying to do the same, just as an adult and with other languages. :D

JEG KAN IKKE FORSTÅ

Posted 
    Feedback