How many languages total can you speak (any level from beginner onwards)

Posts0Likes0Joined14/7/2018LocationAbu Dhabi / AE
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Frederick.Dizon wrote:
Elso.Martinez wrote:
Had never heard of Bisaya, willI definitely look it up

Check this out.

nice one! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

janahfacal.. wrote:

only English and our native language Tagalog for now..:grin: but willing to learn other languages. The only thing that :sweat_smile: hinders me from embracing other language is my time- how much time will I commit from learning a new one? I am pretty sure, you have same situation like mine..?

I can relate to your situation when it comes to making time for new languages 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I know a few phrases / lot of vocab in 10+ languages but none of them I really understand I say 3 languages they are the ones I can listen in and have made an effort to learn and practice / keep fresh I passed my school exams in French and German but I can't for the life of me recall the languages as I should be able to. Sometimes I think I learn the next and it pushes first out of my head. So now I try to cognate the languages together.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Khadijah.Davis wrote:

janahfacal.. wrote:

only English and our native language Tagalog for now..:grin: but willing to learn other languages. The only thing that :sweat_smile: hinders me from embracing other language is my time- how much time will I commit from learning a new one? I am pretty sure, you have same situation like mine..?

I can relate too. 

Especially now that I have small children, it became pretty much impossible to focus on learning new language, maybe when they are sleeping... :grin: So if you want to learn seriously a foreign language do it before you make kids :grin: My next goal is to teach my children more than 1 language :)

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I can't for the life of me recall the languages as I should be able to. Sometimes I think I learn the next and it pushes first out of my head. So now I try to cognate the languages together.

The trick is to learn a language to a high level (B2 or better) before moving on to another one.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

Olga.Cygnel wrote:

Khadijah.Davis wrote:

janahfacal.. wrote:

I can relate too.

Especially now that I have small children, it became pretty much impossible to focus on learning new language, maybe when they are sleeping... :grin: So if you want to learn seriously a foreign language do it before you make kids :grin: My next goal is to teach my children more than 1 language :)

Great advice! I will keep that in mind. Best of luck teaching your children a new language! :) That's really cool!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

leosmith wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I can't for the life of me recall the languages as I should be able to. Sometimes I think I learn the next

and it pushes first out of my head. So now I try to cognate the languages together.

The trick is to learn a language to a high level (B2 or better) before moving on to another one.

I will keep that in mind!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

leosmith wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I can't for the life of me recall the languages as I should be able to. Sometimes I think I learn the nex t and it pushes first out of my head. So now I try to cognate the languages together.

Yes and to bother to use it! I was very lazy after I left school

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

leosmith wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I can't for the life of me recall the languages as I should be

able to. Sometimes I think I learn the nex t and it pushes first out of my head. So now I try to cognate the languages together.

Yes and to bother to use it! I was very lazy after I left school

same, laziness is killing my languages

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationKaduna / NG
Learning Hebrew

English, Hyam, Hausa, Yoruba, French, sign language. 6 all together .

V.  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationKaduna / NG
Learning Hebrew

Do we have a Greek teacher in the house?

V.  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationSI

10, if any level counts :) First 3 fluent, then communicative and quite good basics.

Polish

English

Russian

Slovene

Ukrainian

Bulgarian

Serbo-Croatian - I know, it doesn't exist anymore, but I know communicative bits of both

French

German

Czech

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Bartosz.Jablonski wrote:

10, if any level counts :) First 3 fluent, then communicative and quite good basics.

Polish

English

Russian

Slovene

Ukrainian

Bulgarian

Serbo-Croatian - I know, it doesn't exist anymore, but I know communicative bits of both

French

German

Czech

That's an impressive list !

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning Arabic - Standard
Other Yoruba

Both Locals;

English,

Arabic,

Hausa, 

Nupe, 

Yoruba,

Ebira.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning Arabic - Standard
Other Yoruba

In all, I have them in 6 number.:relaxed:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

I am fully bilingual, I speak Spanish and English, I am a teacher of both languages

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada. 

Posted 
    Feedback