Do you have regrets of not doing something when you were young?

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Do you have anything in mind that you would like to have done in the past (younger years) but was not able to? 

Mine is learning volleyball, swimming, dancing, singing, playing guitar, and riding a bicycle. I think I was not able to really make the most of my time when I was young. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

Copoeira (afro-brazilian martial arts) and forming a music band (nothing too serious!!) Lol still working towards making time for both!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

To learn how to play the guitar and piano.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

edz.conde wrote:
Mine is learning volleyball, swimming, dancing, singing, playing guitar, and riding a bicycle. I think I was not able to really make the most of my time when I was young.

Apart from maybe the volleyball I don't think age should be a deterrent to learning any of those things!

Playing a musical instrument has certainly been on my list for years and year... I even have the guitar already, just need the motivation to start!

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

James.B wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

Mine is learning volleyball, swimming, dancing, singing, playing guitar, and riding a

bicycle. I think I was not able to really make the most of my time when I was young.

Apart from maybe the volleyball I don't think age should be a deterrent to learning any of those things!

Playing a musical instrument has certainly been on my list for years and year... I even have the guitar already, just need the motivation to start!

I agree. Hehe. I also have a guitar already but I'm still finding time and motivation perhaps to start learning again. I actually started it when I'm at age 30 but due to my being pregnant for my 1st and then 2nd child, I was not able to pursue it. Recently, I also joined a choral group among our co-workers, I hope my love for singing will be given justice. Haha. As for biking, I can now handle and drive a bicycle, though only those that is appropriate for my height. I can't drive big bikes. :)

Edzky-18

Edited 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Khadijah.Davis wrote:

Copoeira (afro-brazilian martial arts) and forming a music band (nothing too serious!!) Lol still working towards making time for

both!

Wow! I also like to learn aikido and join a band. But the latter will never happen because I dont have the guts...haha...I can only do videoke and choral singing: :grin:

Edzky-18

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

edz.conde wrote:

Khadijah.Davis wrote:

Copoeira (afro-brazilian martial arts) and forming a music band (nothing too serious!!) Lol still working towards making time for

both!

Wow! I also like to learn aikido and join a band. But the latter will never happen because I dont have the guts...haha...I can only do videoke and choral singing: :grin:

Is videoke and karaoke the same?

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

[/quote] Is videoke and karaoke the same?

[/quote]

In our country "videoke" is usually used when you mean to say you're going to sing following a prerecorded music or track, wether inside your house or in a bar. It's a favorite pastime of most Filipinos. Some people used karaoke instead of videoke but I think they are completely different because karaoke for me is more of just the box without the video. Anyway, maybe this site will give you more about their differences. :)

https://ourpastimes.com/what-is-the-difference-between-karaoke-videoke-12466716.html

Edzky-18

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

[quote name="edz.conde"]

[/quote] Is videoke and karaoke the same?

[/quote]

In our country "videoke" is usually used when you mean to say you're going to sing following a prerecorded music or track, wether inside your house or in a bar. It's a favorite pastime of most Filipinos. Some people used karaoke instead of videoke but I think they are completely different because karaoke for me is more of just the box without the video. Anyway, maybe this site will give you more about their differences. :)

https://ourpastimes.com/what-is-the-difference-between-karaoke-videoke-12466716.html

[/quote]Cool! Thanks! I get it now! Sounds really fun! :) I love love LOVE karaoke! I want to try videoke now!!!

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

It would be learning to ride a bicycle and play volleyball. Now that I am physically fit and into different kind of work out it's a shame to not know how to do these things right?  

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

It would be learning to ride a bicycle and play volleyball. Now that I am physically fit and into different kind of work out it's a shame to not know how to do these things right? :sweat_smile:

That's right! Considering that even five year old kids nowadays are very good in riding a bicycle. Sometimes I'm really ashamed looking at them. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback