Language Tennis: How do you say "cheaper?"

Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Comparatives are wonderful words and I think they are really good tools for practical learning.

If I were shopping around for a sturdy, inexpensive cellphone case, and I saw some that were too expensive I might ask, "Do you have some others that are cheaper than these?" That's technically correct, but a bit unwieldy. It's nothing you'd really say in a conversational tone. Better to ask, "Got anything cheaper?"  

If you were bargain-hunting in your native language, how would you say "Got anything cheaper?" ^_^

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Tendrás algo mas barato? :)

Cheaper - Barato

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Why is this titled "language tennis"?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other French, Spanish

leosmith wrote:

Maybe it's an idiom? Throwing words one after the other like how tennis balls bounce back and forth.  

Aleks

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Aleksys.P wrote:
leosmith wrote:

Maybe it's an idiom? Throwing words one after the other like how tennis balls bounce back and forth. :thinking_face:

That certainly seems to be an idiom of that nature. Hmmmm. :thinking_face: I wonder what the poster was thinking?

Lol, just kidding. Where I come from, any activity that allows others to comment on or explain the same thing but in their own language was called "language tennis."  

Posted 
    Feedback