Any tips to learn Spanish?

Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationFlorianopolis / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, Spanish

Hi there! I'm starting to learn spanish and i would like some tips from members who already learned... 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Hey Luciana! Where are you from? I am a native spanish speaker and I think that those tips could change depending of your native language :).

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Hello, I would listen to music in Spanish. Watch TV show in Spanish. Usually the public libraries have books for children or DVDs that are English and Spanish. I think that would be a great to start. Also whenever you are on here you can try to chat with someone in Spanish so that you can practice.

-Ari-

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

Wow, such great tips! Actually I haven't thought about public libraries as spanish classes support. Thank you very much, Ari! :) 

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

Hi Jess, I'm a brazilian trying to keep my english brushed while I learn spanish. I'm going to Argentina in february to study and only have a few months to learn all I can. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined17/9/2018Locationcavite / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English, Spanish, Urdu

Try to learn word for word and check for translation and make friend with native spanish then talk to them on chat or in person 

nursalyn

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/7/2018LocationSpringbok / ZA
Native
Afrikaans, English
Learning Spanish, Zulu

I suggest you start with this to develop a base

¡Hagámoslo ya!

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

luciana wrote:
Hi Jess, I'm a brazilian trying to keep my english brushed while I learn spanish. I'm going to Argentina in february to study and only have a few months to learn all I can.

Argentinians have a ver special accent, I recommend you listen to their accent while you study instead of other spanish accents. They use a lot "vos" instead of "tú" or "usted" and they pronounce the "y" and the "ll" different, like "lluvia" (rain) they pronounce it "shuvia" and "yo" (I/me) they pronounce it "sho". I'm not sure if it is a regional thing or a country thing, but every Argentinian I've met or heard speaks like that. 

It is good to hear that your native language is Portuguese, with a good spanish base you should be able to catch spanish easier once you start to communicate with natives. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined28/1/2019LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish

If you use Spotify you can follow my Spanish learning playlist... Songs that I like but are also easy to understand. :) https://open.spotify.com/user/jenjoaquin/playlist/5KteoNLX0Zrasl6CtQ3eB2?si=5oZyQLhAQhO9uT1Gb8Qy_w

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Jeremi.Kress wrote:

I suggest you start with this to develop a base

this is a great video link thanks for sharing, not to judge on first appearances but I think a transition between Brazilian and Spanish will be relatively stress free we have a lot of products in the shop here written in Spanish then Portuguese below I am making a snap judgement on food and movie subtitles but I don't feel like two different as greatly as some languages do. good luck with the Spanish buen suerte 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Welcome to the subreddit Luciana!

JenJoaquin wrote:
If you use Spotify you can follow my Spanish learning playlist... Songs that I like but are also easy to understand. :) https://open.spotify.com/user/jenjoaquin/playlist/5KteoNLX0Zrasl6CtQ3eB2?si=5oZyQLhAQhO9uT1Gb8Qy_w

Ha! I like your approach, it's really cool using songs for learning! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

JenJoaquin wrote:

I'm also interested in Spanish and a big fan of Spotify so I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing, will follow! :blush::blush:

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

JenJoaquin wrote:

Oh btw, have you seen some other playlists for other languages? 

Posted 
    Feedback