worked around - Option for toggling word highlights

Posts0Likes0Joined7/4/2020LocationBR
Native
Portuguese
Learning Catalan, German, Greek - Ancient, Italian
Other English, French, Spanish

When you're trying to focus on a reading, it can be annoying to have highlights on every other word. Could we have an option for toggling the highlights?

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

To clarify - you want a button that will toggle on/off the shading for the whole passage?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear at all. But I think that would be nice! Or maybe just a toggle for the peach highlight - so that only the green ones (to which it's worth paying a bit of extra attention) would stand out. I think the main point is that I'm not sure about what the peach highlight is for. I mean, when I read a word I'll either look it up, in which case it will become green, or not, in which case I already know it; then, when I'm done, why not just mark as known all words I didn't look up?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Ok, I'll write a ticket for the toggle button, and we'll consider it. We're keeping the peach though - many find it helpful.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

animalcule wrote:
I'm not sure about what the peach highlight is for. I mean, when I read a word I'll either look it up, in which case it will become green, or not, in which case I already know it; then, when I'm done, why not just mark as known all words I didn't look up?

I just read this a bit more carefully. Couldn't you just hit the "I know all remaining peach words" button?

(edit) One possible disadvantage of that is it takes 2 clicks to turn a white word green, but only one with peach.

Edited 
Native
Portuguese

ah yes, that's fine as a workaround. thank you!

Posted 
    Feedback