Have you ever got hired because you have mastered the target language you are learning?

Posts0Likes0Joined23/3/2021LocationDavao / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish

I haven't finished college yet but I wanted to earn a degree in teaching English. After graduating from high school, I have tried my best to learn English as much as I can. I have tried summer jobs before working for an after-school tutorial center for kids for a year. 

The salary was not enough as it was just a part-time job. I have tried my luck working in a call center company and I got hired.

I may not have the perfect English yet but I am glad that trying your best to learn a language can really help you earn money decently. 

- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I believe you can go far if you stick at it, my language learning has never been a serious pursuit but I did land a job because eI can speak a little (not mastered) of many languages, it was not high salary but I worked in a hotel in Egypt and I loved it 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined23/3/2021LocationDavao / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I believe you can go far if you stick at it, my language learning has never been a serious pursuit but I did land a job because eI can speak a little (not mastered) of many languages, it was not high salary but I worked in a hotel in Egypt and I loved it

That's cool!

- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass! 

Posted 
    Feedback