Favourite exercises

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

Hi guys! 

What are you favourite exercises in the process of learning a language? 

Is it grammar exercises? Listening and paraphrasing/narration exercises? Speaking/conversational exercises? Do you prefer homework and why? (For example you prefer working alone so you can focus better, or because you feel you embarrass yourself often with the teacher, or, what else?) 

Do you like homework anyway? 

Do you like dictation exercises? What do you think about those? How do they help us while learning a new language? 

Is it maybe your favourite exercise describing images? You prefer verbalising it or writing it down? Or mentally creating your own images and/or describing your day? And why, if yes, or no.

How do you feel about repetition of words and learning new words? Is enriching your vocabulary the most interesting and/or important to you? 

How about the ones where you link the images with the words? Or the grammar ones, filling in the gap in sentences? I love that one 

Or what's your favourite part in the grammar rules? Conjugation, tenses, syntax or morphology? 

https://www.uni-due.de/SHE/REV_MorphologySyntax.htm. 

Please complement me and add some that I can't remember at the moment 

I myself I like constructing sentences with the new words and I can't live without repetition. I need everything to be repeated before we continue to the next lesson, or we need to incorporate whatever previously learned to the new one. I like words and dictation. I love deciphering the spelling of words. At a certain intermediate level of course. 

Grammar, not a big fan :)) (like most of us here maybe) 

I also love homework. Reminds me of what we have been studying and gives me an opportunity to prove myself (to myself and/or the teacher) that i am trustworthy, hardworking and dedicated. Or if I don't do it, it proves the opposite :))) for the time being :) 

Thank you! 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other French, Spanish

We have different learning styles, especially for those who are self-learning another language. What I usually do is write important words on a notebook, one word for entire page. They say that you learn and remember something faster when write it down.  

Aleks

Posted 
Native
Macedonian

Yeah, agree, but one word for a whole page?! :D why so? 

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

I noticed that my speaking improved when I had to answer a lot How and Why questions. I guess it forced me to use the little vocab and grammar rules that I know and had to make do with them to justify and explain my reasoning for various topics. I taught English to foreigners and they also found it very useful.

Mai wrote:
Yeah, agree, but one word for a whole page?! :D why so?
Lol at one word

Posted 
Native
Macedonian

[quote name="Mel.Palogan"]

I noticed that my speaking improved when I had to answer a lot How and Why questions. I guess it forced me to use the little vocab and grammar rules that I know and had to make do with them to justify and explain my reasoning for various topics. I taught English to foreigners and they also found it very useful.

[quote] 

Ah, awesome! I like questions while learning a language too, though super hard! I mean, I believe answering How and Why are pretty advanced levels of familiarity. I always wanted filling in gaps, spelling exercises (dictation), anything that had something to do with writing, more so than listening or talking. 

Haha, thank you for you answer! 

Posted 
    Feedback