Jori's recent topics

Posts11Likes6Joined11/9/2022LocationES
Native
Catalan, Spanish
Learning French, Japanese, Russian

Hi there!

I've noticed that the web's prefered meanings differs from the Android ones. I use both versions equally, and that's one of the main reasons I like Language Crush. I usually do the hard work on PC, where I have my keyboard, my shortcuts, tools etc, and then I use the phone to review for the rest of the day. And it's on Android where 50% of the time when I click on a word, it appears the wrong meaning, and I have to tell the program that I want to use my own meaning (the one that I previously added on the PC and marked as the preferd). In fact, I tend to always delete the other meanings, because if I don't, the Android ignore my preference and the next time I open the passage, it sets back again the wrong meaning

I think this has something to do with other people stadistics. On my first months on Language Crush I did't notice the problem because I was only translating french-catalan (I think there is no other users adding meanings and set prefered ones on this language). But now that I've goten into russian-english and japanese-english, I've run into it

Edited

Native
Catalan, Spanish

Hi, I've noticed that in the Android app, the japanese characters (kanji) are treated as chinese (hanzi)

I find strange that nobody mentioned about it before. Maybe there is an option I'm missing? or it's planed to fix it in the future?

Posted

Native
Catalan, Spanish

Hello, I see that I'm able to choose the language of the translations, however that seems to be a general setting

So for example if I want to learn french in spanish and russian in english, I have to change the language everytime I open a passage in either french or russian

It's not a major problem, but it would be nice if the setting was remembered for each language individually. Or maybe there is an option I'm missing?

Posted

Feedback