Useful Tips To Learn A New Language

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

This article lists some pretty good tips. This tip is my favorite.

Spend most of your time in the language, not learning about the language. We acquire languages at a subconscious level when we get sufficient input and practice.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

wrote:

Try to use whatever language you know, without worrying about mistakes or looking foolish - play with the language, learn from your mistakes, and have fun.

This is what I've been saying about not taking yourself too seriously! Thanks for sharing.

Kevwe A.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Great article indeed..my fave is this..."Define your 'why' first...with enough why, a language learner can endure almost any 'how'.

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

edz.conde wrote:
Great article indeed..my fave is this..."Define your 'why' first...with enough why, a language learner can endure almost any 'how'.

I like that one too. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

the most important thing is to have fun :blush:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

ikaymoreno wrote:
This article lists some pretty good tips. This tip is my favorite.
Spend most of your time in the language, not learning about the language. We acquire languages at a subconscious level when we get sufficient input and practice.

I agree with that tip, sounds smart and helpful

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Haha this comment is so cute :D 

I mean, yeah, I agree, I share your opinion but not every person in the world is positive like you and me :D Some people can learn even without having fun haha :D

I personally discard things that bring me "misfortune" rather than happiness :D 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Can't agree more...having fun while learning...it's the same with our job. We almost endure anthing in our job if we are having fun doing what needs to be done. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edzky-18

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

To love what you are doing is the key thing for me to learn a specific language effectively.  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Charlyn wrote:
To love what you are doing is the key thing for me to learn a specific language effectively. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, I don't get how there are people that actually are learning things without enjoying the thing, some people are just doing stuff cause they feel it will help them with their career or something like that, not cause they love it.

I wouldn't be able to do things unless I enjoy them 

Posted 
    Feedback