Pros of learning a Foreign Language

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish
  1. It Opens Up a New Way of Seeing The World

Different cultures see them world in slightly different ways and language can reflect this with unique terminology, grammar, and sentence structure. peaking and thinking in a language that follows a different logic than your mother tongue, can significantly broaden your horizon.

2. It Boosts Your Overall Academic Experience

Because multilingual brains have to work differently, they develop stronger cognitive skill. People who speak more than one language are shown to have higher scores on standardized exams in math, reading comprehension, and vocabulary compared to the scores of monolingual students.

3. Make travel easier and more enjoyable.

If you are or aspire to be a globetrotter, learning languages is a must! Traveling is way more fun and easier when there isn’t a language barrier. You don’t have to worry about getting around because you don’t speak the language.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

In my case, I have a different reason for each of the languages I want to learn:

Japanese - So I can watch anime without relying on subs. I bet there's a world lost in translation there.

Korean - So I can watch KDramas without relying on subs. And yes, I watch a ton of TV. :)

French - Because it just sounds so darn beautiful.  

--

ikay

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

This is pretty cool!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018Location

To learn about the new cultures, poetry , job opportunities etc.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Number 2 really motivates me

Posted 
    Feedback