Maria.J's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018Location

Wow, amazing!! Thanks for sharing. 

Posted

I’m an English speaker from the USA. Never heard of these words! I’ll have to incorporate them into everyday conversations now!

Posted

Haha funny! 

Posted

Thank you for the response!

Posted

Has anyone used this? If so, how effective do you think it is? Does it educate you beyond basic phrases and key words?

Posted

Will definitely check out! Thank you. 

Posted

I’ve also been using duolingo for French. It definitely builds vocabulary. 

The only flaw I’ve seen thus far is that it doesn’t break down language into things like conjugation and noun/verb agreement. 

Of course, one app can’t cover everything. So definitely check it out to build vocabulary!

Posted

I’m a native English speaker, and I think the absolute best way to get better pronunciation/accent is to talk to other English speakers! I have many bilingual friends who have less-than-perfect pronunciation. When they talk to me, they let me correct their pronunciation. It makes them learn proper pronunciation, and it’s fun for me to help them out! 

Posted

I'd like to learn Tagalog since it's my wife's native language. I know a few phrases, but not much more. I'd also like to learn more French this that will help me communicate with people from multiple African countries. I'd also like to learn Arabic. It's so different from any language I've seen written, and it's so useful to know! 

Posted

Great examples. I work in a call center and use variations of those phrases every day! Never just say "I don't know". It's the equivalent of shrugging your shoulders and walking away!

Posted

Great to have you here! I'm married to a Filipina from Mandaluyong / Bulacan, and have visited your country 3 times. It is truly beautiful!! Congratulations on trying to improve your language skills!

Posted

Hello all! I’m new to this site. Just checking it out to see what it is all about! I love the idea of learning multiple languages, but I’ve never become proficient in anything. I’ve studied German, French and Italian, and would love to get back into studying French! 

Posted
Feedback