PiAlfa's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined3/10/2020LocationES
Native
Galician, Spanish
Learning English, Korean

Hello! 

I've been learning English for many years, and one of the things that made my learning process much faster was watching videos about topics I liked. Of course, it can be difficult to find them sometimes. That's why I'm making a list of YouTubers I watch that you could like if you're into these topics. 

Before I start with the list, I need to point out two things:

1- It can be difficult to understand them if you don't have, at least, an A2. Of course, this doesn't mean you can't want them anyways, because it can still help, specially with pronunciation. 

2- The list is going to be of Youtubers who speak Spanish and Galician, because these are the languages I can speak fluently. If you want to recommend youtubers who speak other languages in this topic, you can and I would thank it.

I'll start with reviewers. Danna Alquati and Luna Martínez are two of my favorite ones. They talk about other stuff, but they usually review and make fun of bad movies. I really like their humor and I really recommend them.

If you like videos which are Contrapoints style, I would recommend PutoMikel. He talks about history and he mixes it with current topics. If you are curious about Spain's history specifically, I'd say he's a good one to watch.

I'm not sure exactly where to put him, but in Galician I recommend olaxonmario. He talks about several topics, but the principal one is Galician. He doesn't teach how to speak the language, it's more about talking about the social problems Galician has had sfor centuries. He's also very funny.

I watch a lot of ASMR, so I can recommend a lot of ASMRartists, like Gisse ASMR, ASMR with Sasha, SusurrosdelSurr ASMR... In Galician I recommend Na utopía non existe a vertixe ASMR and Cousas RarismASMR. A special ASMRartist I want to mention is Sonámbula que no despierta. She mixes ASMR with literature. I think she's very original and she's a very sweet person.

Talking about books, I love reading, so I consume a lot of booktube. Some of my favorite bookstubers are Clau reads books, Lamelaluna, Podcast Viajemos Leyendo, La hormiguita lectora, Volando entre letras, La física de los libros (she also talks about science) and paulo m. In galician I don't know any bookstubers per se, but Neumatiko makes videos about the history of galician literature (and sometimes recommends some recent books). I find his content very entertaining and I discovered some nice books.

If you like videogames, I would recommend Joseju. He usually talks about videogames and he sometimes does funny sketches. His series about Flextape is epic.

I'm sure there are other youtubers I could talk about, but I'll stop for now. If I discover new ones or I decide to add more people I already know, I'll continue this post. You can also add more if you want to, and it doesn't matter if they speak Spanish, Galician or any other language.

I hope this list can help someone!

Posted

Just messy.

Native
Galician, Spanish
Learning English, Korean

Hello! I've been having some trouble with meating Korean native speakers on the Internet. When I was in my English learning process, it was easier to communicate with natives because everything I liked was in English, so it was easier to find people who liked the same thing and talk to them. I can't find content about the books and series I like in Korean, and when I try to find natives in places like HelloTalk, it is extremely difficult to find anyone and even more difficult to have a long conversation.

I'd like to know if anyone has some advice to speak to natives of a language that isn't English. Thank you in advance!

Posted

Just messy.

Native
Galician, Spanish
Learning English, Korean

Hello! I've been trying to learn Korean for some months, so I decided to start logging my progress here. Maybe it'll motivate me more, because sometimes I just lose motivation for everything.

Something I find amusing is that, in my journey of learning Korean, I'm also learning English. It isn't my native language, but I've been learning it since I was like 3, so it feels like a rather natural language to use. Still, there's a lot I don't know, and it's obvious when I find some stuff easier to translate from Spanish to Korean or Korean to Spanish or when I translate from Spanish to English and then to Korean and I can't even find the necessary words to English.

For example, I tried to translate some lyrics from the song :( by Cariño (which is a band I just love like they're amazing ahsfdgahfdas) because I wanted to practice -고 싶어. There's a line that says:

"Quiero darte pan y que te atragantes."

So, I translated that to English, but I wasn't sure how to translate "que te atragantes" (reflexive pronouns are used a lot xd), so I went to a trustworthy translator, and the result was:

"I want to give you bread and make you choke."

After that it was easier for me to translate it in Korean (except I didn't know how to say choke). The result I got by myself was this:

"난 너에게 빵을 주고 넌 질식사하고 있고 싶어."

(I know it's 반말, but I wanted to use that because I felt it goes well with the tone of the song.)

But then I wrote the sentence in English in Papago to check if I made it right. The result was this:

"빵도 주고 싶고 질식사켜 주고 싶어."

I'm still not sure if the translator is correct or not, but at least I tried and it was a fun activity.

So... If we're talking about my Korean plan study, I don't really have a plan. I look for information at howtostudykorean and talktomeinkorean, I write my own sentences to remember vocabulary, I watch a lot of YouTube videos to get used to the language... I also use flashcards. I'm not sure how much I'm going to write here, but I hope I'll write more posts than just this one xdd.

Posted

Just messy.

Native
Galician, Spanish
Learning English, Korean

Hi! I'm Pi and I'm new here, I just started today.

I'm from Spain and I speak both Spanish and Galician. I'm learning English and Korean, but right now I'm more focused in learning the second one (I can communicate in English pretty well at this point).

I like reading, writing, drawing, listening to music (almost every genre) and learning. I'm a big science fan, and I love telling fun facts to everyone.

I hope we can help eachother and have a nice time here!

Posted

Just messy.

Feedback