How do you communicate with natives?

Posts0Likes0Joined3/10/2020LocationES
Native
Galician, Spanish
Learning English, Korean

Hello! I've been having some trouble with meating Korean native speakers on the Internet. When I was in my English learning process, it was easier to communicate with natives because everything I liked was in English, so it was easier to find people who liked the same thing and talk to them. I can't find content about the books and series I like in Korean, and when I try to find natives in places like HelloTalk, it is extremely difficult to find anyone and even more difficult to have a long conversation.

I'd like to know if anyone has some advice to speak to natives of a language that isn't English. Thank you in advance!

Just messy.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi PiAlfa,

I live in the US and I don't have any Koreans around me. For me, the best way is to just take classes with a tutor. But if you can't afford that, you can go to websites like conversation exchange and interpals. I have found many partners there for face to face when I travel, and a few for online conversations. It will probably take a few email exchanges to find someone, but if you are patient it will work; there are quite a few Koreans learning Spanish.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined23/3/2021LocationRanchi / IN
Native
Hindi
Learning Finnish, French, German, Hebrew

I guess you could go around with general topics like weather, talking about people and society over there, they are really fascinated towards k pop and k drama, maybe use that to your 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined25/3/2021LocationSouth Cotabato / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning Cebuano, English, German, Japanese, Korean

I dont have any Korean in my place but for me the best ways is to find a teacher or visit website that have a Korean languages translator.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined24/3/2021LocationManila / PH
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Fun way to learn Korean is to watch Kdrama! There's a lot of them on Netflix! :)

Faye

Posted 
    Feedback