- Removal of Material for Which Copyright Infringement is Claimed
Copyright and LanguageCrush Articles
- Original Work
- Article Copyright
- Contacting LanguageCrush
1. Removal of Material for Which Copyright Infringement is Claimed
LanguageCrush has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with applicable law. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed by a user of the Services available at the domain and sub-domains of LanguageCrush.com, please notify Customer Service with written notice as detailed within this subsection.
The information requested substantively complies with the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC. § 512(c)(3)(A), which provides:
To be effective under this subsection, a notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication provided to the designated agent of a user that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the teacher to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the teacher to contact the complaining party such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notification from a copyright owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that fails to comply substantially with the provisions above shall not be considered as providing actual knowledge or an awareness of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
LanguageCrush reserves the right, under appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the account or access of any user who infringes or is charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
2. Copyright and LanguageCrush Articles
LanguageCrush respects the intellectual property rights of others and desires to offer a platform which contains no content that violates those rights. We require that information submitted by members be accurate, lawful and not in violation of the rights of third parties.
Original WorkAll of the writing in an article submitted to LanguageCrush must be your own.
Plagiarism is theft of intellectual property. It is dishonest and unethical. Plagiarism can constitute copyright infringement and you can be held accountable. If you reference any other works (books, news articles, publications, websites, etc.), you MUST give credit to the source. If your article is found to have plagiarized sections, it will be automatically rejected, and you will no longer be able to write articles for LanguageCrush.
Article CopyrightYou retain the copyright to all articles that you submit to LanguageCrush. When you submit an article to LanguageCrush, you grant LanguageCrush:
Publishing Rights (first electronic rights)
- LanguageCrush does not own the copyright, and LanguageCrush does not have the right to resell content you submit.
- LanguageCrush reserves exclusive First Electronic Rights for the article globally. LanguageCrush has the right to publish and republish the piece on the LanguageCrush website, e-mail, downloadable file, and any other digital media.
- Articles you submit could also be used in LanguageCrush marketing materials.
- All articles submitted to LanguageCrush will give credit to you (the author), and will link to your LanguageCrush profile page.
- LanguageCrush reserves the right to republish the article and keep it accessible by visitors for an indefinite period of time.
Editing and Formatting Rights
- LanguageCrush reserves the right to publish or not publish any content that is submitted.
- LanguageCrush reserves the right to edit and reformat the final version of the article. LanguageCrush will not change the meaning or alter the substance of the piece, but may edit the article for errors and wording.
3. Contacting Customer Service
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions or need assistance, please contact LanguageCrush Customer Service as follows:
Online Support: Contact Us