Fixed - Request: ability to select definition language in the main vocabulary section

Posts54Likes59Joined4/9/2019LocationCórdoba / AR
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

At the moment we lack the option to list the language combination of our choice in the vocabulary section. We can only select the source language, but the target language is always set to the native tongue. It would be great if we could switch that just like we can while reading a text. I, for example, study from English even though my native language is Spanish.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks - we are discussing this.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Marko,

Can you please try this feature out and give us your input?

Thanks!

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Hi, leo. It looks like the vocabulary section is not working at the moment. I just get a blank screen both on my desktop computer and my cellphone.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

markoSSS wrote:
Hi, leo. It looks like the vocabulary section is not working at the moment. I just get a blank screen both on my desktop computer and my cellphone.

Yeah, we had server issues for a while. How about now?

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

The issue is still ongoing. The page isn’t displaying any information.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi Mario,

We think we fixed this. Is it working now?

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Hi luismi,  

Seems to be working now. The mobile version is a bit tricky to navigate but is working as well. If possible I would put the term list in a separate window with its own scrollbar, like you did with the term window. Otherwise, the term window just keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the page. If the list is too big you won’t get ever get to the term window.

Marcos

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

markoSSS wrote:
The mobile version is a bit tricky to navigate but is working as well. If possible I would put the term list in a separate window with its own scrollbar, like you did with the term window. Otherwise, the term window just keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the page. If the list is too big you won’t get ever get to the term window.

ticket written

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi Marko,

We think we've fixed this now. Can you please verify?

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Hi leo,

It seems to be working now. The only small detail is that whenever you tap on a term the list goes back to the start in the background. For example, if you scroll down to find words starting with an ‘S’ and you tap on a term, whenever you close the pop-up window the list refreshes and you’re back at letter ‘A’ in the list. That is a bit annoying but I don’t know if it can be helped.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi Marko,

We think we've fixed this now. Can you please verify?

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Hi leo,

Yes, it’s working perfectly now. Great job!

Posted 
    Feedback