Ha.H's recent posts

Posts7Likes2Joined27/8/2024LocationBR
Native
Portuguese
Learning Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish

I meant that if I read a passage that has 600 words and mark it as read, it will count 600 words read. If I read 2x more during the week and mark it as read, now it should count 1200 towards the total amount of words read. Let us say that I have 5000k words read on my stats, now, after reading this passagem again 2x, I will have 6200 words read. 

The minutes in Language Crush work like that, if I listen to a passage 10x, it will count the number of minutes x10 etc., so I would like to have the same with the words read. 

There are studies that show that a certain amount of words read brings a certain amount of improvement to language learning and I want to test that.

Posted
Native
Portuguese

Thank you so much. It should work like the minutes. When we listen 2x to a passage of 10 minutes, for example, the amount of minutes will be 20 and not only 10.

Posted
Native
Portuguese

I think this is what I am talking about: LanguageCrush - Stat added - Where is the word count for a passage?

Here the response is that: After you click "I finished reading this passage", the total number of non-unique words is added to your "Total words read" stat on the statistics page. The know words and learning words stats in the statistic page are unique.

I thought I could use the finished this passage more than once.

The problem is that you can only click "studied this passage" once and this means that I cannot really know how many words I have read.

For German, I aim to read 1 million words by the end of the year for example. I am doing some experimentation, but I could not find a way to input this to my stats. 

Edited
Native
Portuguese

Can I request this to be implemented? It would be a way to say I have just finished reading a passage and then it will count towards the number of reading words.

Posted
Native
Portuguese

I saw a thread about the function to count how many words you have read that day. I cannot find where should I click to make it count since I may read the same passage many times and it is important to me to able to know how many words I have read since I have a clear goal in mind. The only thing I found was the ability to mark down that I have studied the passage.

Edited
Native
Portuguese

Could you add https://ordnet.dk/ for the Danish language? Thank you 

Posted
Native
Portuguese

How do I change the external dictionary after choosing one in the mobile app?

I was reading a passage yesterday and used the external dictionary. The app gave me many different options. After I had picked one, I could not find a way to change to another one. What can I do?

Posted
Feedback