Words Read

Posts9Likes4Joined27/8/2024LocationBR
Native
Portuguese
Learning Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish

I saw a thread about the function to count how many words you have read that day. I cannot find where should I click to make it count since I may read the same passage many times and it is important to me to able to know how many words I have read since I have a clear goal in mind. The only thing I found was the ability to mark down that I have studied the passage.

Edited 
Posts1684Likes1116Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning Italian
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I remember discussing that too, but couldn't find history for that request. Anyway, the short answer is that the functionality doesn't exist, and we don't have any plans to add it. 

Learning Italian every day!

Edited 
Native
Portuguese

Can I request this to be implemented? It would be a way to say I have just finished reading a passage and then it will count towards the number of reading words.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I'll forward your request to the technical team, but unless it's extremely easy to implement, it probably won't happen.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian

Ha.H wrote:
I saw a thread about the function to count how many words you have read that day.
Please give a link to this thread.

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

I think this is what I am talking about: LanguageCrush - Stat added - Where is the word count for a passage?

Here the response is that: After you click "I finished reading this passage", the total number of non-unique words is added to your "Total words read" stat on the statistics page. The know words and learning words stats in the statistic page are unique.

I thought I could use the finished this passage more than once.

The problem is that you can only click "studied this passage" once and this means that I cannot really know how many words I have read.

For German, I aim to read 1 million words by the end of the year for example. I am doing some experimentation, but I could not find a way to input this to my stats. 

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Italian

Ok, thanks. I'll forward the request.

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

Thank you so much. It should work like the minutes. When we listen 2x to a passage of 10 minutes, for example, the amount of minutes will be 20 and not only 10.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian

Just so there are not misconceptions, words, not minutes.

Posted 
Native
Portuguese

I meant that if I read a passage that has 600 words and mark it as read, it will count 600 words read. If I read 2x more during the week and mark it as read, now it should count 1200 towards the total amount of words read. Let us say that I have 5000k words read on my stats, now, after reading this passagem again 2x, I will have 6200 words read. 

The minutes in Language Crush work like that, if I listen to a passage 10x, it will count the number of minutes x10 etc., so I would like to have the same with the words read. 

There are studies that show that a certain amount of words read brings a certain amount of improvement to language learning and I want to test that.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Italian

Right. I just didn't want someone to read your post and think that we are looking into keeping stats for reading time.

Posted 
    Feedback