Nirupam.Deo's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined23/3/2021LocationRanchi / IN
Native
Hindi
Learning Finnish, French, German, Hebrew

That question is very specific to what your goals are. If you just want to land a job, a bachelors would normally do. See the basic requirements, bachelors would suffice, masters and doctorate and cherry on the top but that'll do normally. If you want degrees just for sake of knowledge then that's a great field to explore. 

Posted
Native
Hindi

AppleMae.Soriano wrote:
I find it really easy to learn a new language when you're learning with a partner.
My husband is from a different province in the Philippines and has their own native language.
He speaks to me randomly using their language every day and I find it very educating.
The use of new vocabulary words every day gets me to familiarize and remember more.
It gets even better when you get surrounded by people using a different language.
Listening to conversations and observing their communication can make you adjust.
Even if you cannot understand every word they say, you can follow.
That is why Language Tools is a very educating platform.
You surround yourself with people with different languages.
And maybe that's also a reason why having friends with different nations can teach us more about learning a new language.
So if anyone is interested in making conversations with me and learn Tagalog, I'm very much open. Likewise, it would be awesome to learn a new language from you, too.

Hello There, 

That's great to know that you're trying to learn a language and want a partner. I'm fluent in English, and native with Hindi. If you want to learn together, we can float. Tagalog is in my list, I want to learn it too.

Posted
Native
Hindi

I had dogs, hamsters, fishes, turtles and cats. My first dog was a Chocolate Labrador, the second one was a beagle, but a bus ran over her and killed her. I was in Canada at that time, so my parents told me when I was arrived. The third one was another Chocolate Labrador, she was very destructive, my parents decided to give her away. The hamsters, I had two, a female and male, the female was very aggressive though, she ended up beheading the male and two weeks later she commited suicide. The turtle, one day I took her to school, I was very small and did not understand the seriousness of it, everyone took her, in the end that was what killed her. The cats, first I had two cats, two females cats, one was lost, the other one was so nervous so she just wanted to be with me, she followed me everywhere, but she was pregnant, she had the kittens, but two months later I took her to have an operation so she wouldn't have any more kittens, the vet did the surgery wrong through, she gave her internal bleeding and she died, she died in my bed. I kept the three kittens that she had. I had them for a year, however my dad was already stressed about their hair so he gives them away too. I haven't had any more pets since then.

Posted
Native
Hindi

That's really reassuring, I've seen many adults who stop learning anything new for that fear, so that's really nice.

Edited
Native
Hindi

Does that mean you can converse in Hindi? 

Posted
Native
Hindi

I guess you could go around with general topics like weather, talking about people and society over there, they are really fascinated towards k pop and k drama, maybe use that to your 

Posted
Native
Hindi

My nana (maternal granpa) used to address my mother and her sisters as boys (in boyish terms) that was because being a female was shameful for fathers in those days 

Posted
Native
Hindi

I'm going to learn Hebrew and Latin for now, since I've heard their culture is really breathtaking. I'll buy books when I can actually read them 

Posted
Native
Hindi

To be fluent in an language surround it about yourself. Read, Speak, Write. Seems to easy...it will be good if you can find a 

Edited
Native
Hindi

Faye.Vitan wrote:
As mentioned by july.lullalove here, in the Philippines, we look down on people who have Visayan accents. People with those accents are not taken as seriously as those without it. In job hunting, employers prefer those without the Visayan accent even if they are more competent. It's a sad reality. How about in other countries, do accents affect people's employment opportunities?

Actually yes, here in India Biharis are kind of looked as black horse because they lack sophistication and don't wear fake facade all the time to appear one. That goes against them mostly, not taken seriously and ill-treated for the same reason

Posted
Native
Hindi

Here in India, we have hundreds of languages and numerous accent depending on the region. Yes we do have our set of prejudices but at the end of the day most of them are cute 

Posted
Native
Hindi

Looking forward to it 

Posted
Native
Hindi

Pagination shall be helpful for people like me who prefer books more. So it's kind of a habit. Thanks 

Posted
Native
Hindi

Thanks for the great platform, Leo. We'll try our best

Edited
Feedback