Frank.Jefferson's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

This is a minor cosmetic thing.

When I'm writing a post on the desktop site and want to insert an emoji I click on the emoji button and the box pops up. To hide it again I have to click the emoji button again. It's not a big deal having it there but sometimes if the post I'm writing is quite long then I have to actually scroll up my screen to find the button to click to hide the box. This wouldn't be an issue at all except the box sometimes blocks some of the text in my post as you can see in the screenshot below. Perhaps a little 'x' or clicking outside the box could be implemented to hide it?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

I've heard that the Spanish spoken in South America is different from that spoken in Spain. And similarly the French spoken in Canada can differ slightly from that in France. Does anyone have experience with this? Are the differences even noticeable or is just superficial things like slang and parlance? How does one decide what "version" of a language to learn?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

I noticed a few things while I was signing up. Not sure you'd call them bugs but possibly just lower functionality/cosmetics.

- When adding tags, some languages are not capitalized. i.e.: drop down menu lists "spanish" and "french" instead of Spanish/French.

- The "Save" button on the Basic Info, Profile, and Language & Communication pages are three different images. Lacks continuity.

- When selecting languages, I hit 's' on my keyboard to jump to Spanish, but it remains on "Afrikaans" because that has an 's' in it. Likewise if I hot the 'f' key to jump to French, it would stop at "Afrikaans" again! 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

A place to report cosmetic issues or make suggestions.

Posted
Feedback