Filipinos who want to learn Korean

Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

I didn't know that TESDA offers free foreign language lessons and used to include Korean on the list. Good to know! 

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Rose.Angelie wrote:
I didn't know that TESDA offers free foreign language lessons and used to include Korean on the list. Good to know!

They did. :) But you need proof that you'll be using the language for work before you get enrolled. They had Korean and Japanese. Not sure if they still have Japanese though.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

This is a good read, ikay. Thank you. Well, I just hope they would also offer to those who wants to learn the languages and not only for those who need it.

Edited 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Rai.S. wrote:
This is a good read, ikay. Thank you. Well, I just hope they would also offer to those who wants to learn the languages and not only for those who need it.

I used to train for TESDA and what they're offering are scholarship programs to help people secure jobs. That's why for most of their courses, the trainers have a target to have a certain percentage of the participants employed. I facilitated Contact Center Services NC II and the target was 80% hire rate. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

ikaymoreno wrote:

Rose.Angelie wrote:

They did. :) But you need proof that you'll be using the language for work before you get enrolled. They had Korean and Japanese. Not sure if they still have Japanese though.

Right. I actually read more about it when you posted this and learned that it's more targetted to those who will be working outside the country. Still, it's a huge help! 

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Rose.Angelie wrote:
Right. I actually read more about it when you posted this and learned that it's more targetted to those who will be working outside the country. Still, it's a huge help!

I think local employment works too. Here's the updated list of courses active. You can just apply online too. :)

https://www.tesda.gov.ph/About/TESDA/39

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard

Thanks, ikay. I'll probably try one of these soon. :)

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

No prob. :) I think TESDA is still revising their course offerings since some of what they used to offer is now part of K12.

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard

Are the language courses only available in Manila? I haven't heard of TESDA offering those courses here in the province. :)

Posted 
    Feedback