Listing words as my learning technique

Posts0Likes0Joined20/9/2019LocationRizal / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Russian

I just want to share that I've started listing down all the words that I'm learning, about 3 or 5 per day which I'm gonna be using for the rest of the day. This is working for me so far. Sticking to those words makes me practice with them consistently even for just a day. Hopefully when I'm better I can start with the phrases. What do you think about this? I hope you guys can try this too sometime and let me know if it also helped you.

"Не волнуйтесь"

Posted 
Posts18Likes12Joined16/10/2019LocationUS
Native
Danish, English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, German, Macedonian, Norwegian, Spanish

I personally don't find this particularly effective. if your just learning a couple of words a day, then acquiring the language will take forever to acquire. Instead I would be jumping straight into the language and start listening to short comprehensible stories and understand the context, and the words will come effortlessly over time. Acquire words through context and massive amount of exposure to comprehensible stories. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined26/9/2019LocationKR
Native
Korean

That must be a great idea. However, repetition is important for this method. If you learn 5 words per day, it should be 35 words a week. In order to achieve that, you just need to put an effort to everyday! :)

Posted 
    Feedback