Posts42Likes23Joined4/5/2020LocationGH
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Swahili, Chinese - Cantonese

That was a good talking speed. Not too fast, not too slow, so I could follow the transcript along with the speech. Could you tell me what song plays at the beginning and the end? I like it a lot!

???

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Animefangirl wrote:
That was a good talking speed. Not too fast, not too slow, so I could follow the transcript along with the speech. Could you tell me what song plays at the beginning and the end? I like it a lot!

Thank you Animefangirl! Unfortunately we can't find the song name.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Swahili, Chinese - Cantonese

Oh well, that's okay. I'm sure once my Cantonese is better I'll be able to look up the words myself. 👍

???

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined18/6/2019LocationSan Jose Del Monte / PH
Native
English
Learning Afrikaans, Cebuano, Chinese - Mandarin, Danish, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Spanish, Tagalog

Are you perchance this https://animefangirl.com/ animefangirl? If so I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago when I myself started spoonfed (and later replaced with with ZhongWen Red Green Blue, which make up the first 1000 or so sentences anways, but move a titch faster). I plan on returning to spoonfed... after I finish my Glossikas and FSI stuff. With plans to suspend the first 2k cards or so. Anyhow, I did a lot of reading on your Cantonese journey (such as the memrise courses with audio etc). I'm not a huge sinophile and even if I were I live in a hokkien speaking country so Cantonese isn't on my list but it was hard to put down your blog :). 

Find me on Discord:

https://discord.gg/R4zepcA

Posted 
Native
English

Yeah, that's me. Thank you for reading and for all the kind words!

I'm a little bit embarrassed because I started blogging about Cantonese almost 10 years ago and I'm STILL not fluent. But the Languagetools lessons look like just the thing to get me over the Intermediate bump.

Spoonfed is really great, and actually just the ticket for someone who isn't SUPER into Mandarin and doesn't want to invest too much time in it. I'll check out ZhongWen Red Green Blue so thanks for the suggestion!

???

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/2/2020LocationCN
Native
English
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Chinese - Cantonese

The song is 旧欢如梦 by 李克勤. Pretty good classic Cantopop song. 

Posted 
Native
English

Thank you so much! I finally listened to the full thing and like it even more than before. Your "Thank you" is 9 months late, but better late than never!

???

Posted 
    Feedback