Learning Hebrew, Russian, Swahili

I clicked Add Comment at the bottom of this lesson, it has the problem

https://languagecrush.com/reading/18888/read

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

A.L. wrote:
The audio doesn't work, and there is no audio at the link

Hi A.L., sorry you are experiencing problems. Unfortunately, I cannot recreate the issues - the passage and audio work fine for me. I am using Chrome/Windows 10/Desktop. What is your browser/OS/platform? 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/4/2022LocationIL
Native
English

Hi,

This was on a Galaxy Tab A running Android 8.1.

I found a single way to make the audio-only lessons play audio: using the browser, setting the site to desktop mode (via a browser setting), and turning the tablet to landscape.

Audio in audio-only lessons didn't work otherwise, and I tried both in the app and the browser. I was using Brave browser (Chrome -based).

From what I saw, YouTube lessons and plain text both work fine.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I just heard back from the tech team, and they reminded me that there are many issues with the app, so the work-around is to use the browser on the phone for the time being (our new release target for the app is in May). They don't know why normal audio wasn't playing for you, as it's a browser feature that we're using. Could you try on chrome proper? (they were not sure what brave is)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/4/2022LocationIL
Native
English

Ooh I'm excited for a new (and less buggy!) version of the app!

I've tried it on Chrome itself on that device, and had the exact same behavior. I can only see the audio player with Desktop Mode enabled in Landscape. I'm attaching some pictures. The menu is open to show that the audio player appears when desktop mode is enabled and disappears when it is disabled.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

We can look at this again when the new app is released. For the time being, please just use your work around.

Posted 
    Feedback