Prefered meanings (web vs Android)

Posts11Likes6Joined11/9/2022LocationES
Native
Catalan, Spanish
Learning French, Japanese, Russian

Hi there!

I've noticed that the web's prefered meanings differs from the Android ones. I use both versions equally, and that's one of the main reasons I like Language Crush. I usually do the hard work on PC, where I have my keyboard, my shortcuts, tools etc, and then I use the phone to review for the rest of the day. And it's on Android where 50% of the time when I click on a word, it appears the wrong meaning, and I have to tell the program that I want to use my own meaning (the one that I previously added on the PC and marked as the preferd). In fact, I tend to always delete the other meanings, because if I don't, the Android ignore my preference and the next time I open the passage, it sets back again the wrong meaning

I think this has something to do with other people stadistics. On my first months on Language Crush I did't notice the problem because I was only translating french-catalan (I think there is no other users adding meanings and set prefered ones on this language). But now that I've goten into russian-english and japanese-english, I've run into it

Edited 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Jori, sorry about that. I have written a ticket to investigate.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
Catalan, Spanish

Thanks for the support, have a nice day

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Jori wrote:
Thanks for the support, have a nice day
Hi Jori. I think this is fixed now. Please confirm.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
Catalan, Spanish

Thanks leo, didn't see your answer earlier, sorry

I've just tested, and doesn't seem fixed for me. Maybe it's been improved, I couldn't really tell, but in some words still appear the upmost voted translation instead of my own translation

However... it's been a month, that I decided to use catalan as my unique translation language, and I don't use english anymore. So I forgot about this problem completely

For now, I'm doing very well with Language Crush, and of course there is room for improvement in some aspects, but for now I'm bug free and hapily using the web/app with it's pros and cons. I'm even used to small kanji/hanzi differences, that I did mention in another thread, so it doesn't bother me anymore

As always, thanks. It's great having you taking care of the community

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Sorry that it's not fixed, but I'm glad to hear that it's no longer a problem for you. We will still try to fix it (and the other issues you brought up) just in case it bothers other users.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
    Feedback