Rosean

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

Hello. My name is Roshane but I prefer to be called Rosean. I reside in Jamaica, which is apart of the English speaking Caribbean. In Jamaica our dialect is "Patois" which according to Google is "the dialect of a particular region, especially one with low status in relation to the standard language of the country." A great majority of our population speak some patois or one who try to like myself but really suck at it. Haha! I'm 19 years old and I just completed my first year in university. I'd like to learn at least 3 languages by the age of 25 and have travelled to at least 10 countries.

Here's something that you'll find pretty interesting. Post something below that you'd like me to translate to patois or like many people say though it isn't accurate, "talk Jamaican". This should be pretty fun and I can't wait to see what you guys have to ask.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Hi Roshane!

It's good that you are still young and you want to learn different languages and travel to numerous countries. I hope you'll reach your dreams. In case you want to visit our country and you like to learn our language, feel free to ask us. There are many Filipinos here in the site and we are known for being accomodating and friendly. :) 

By the way, you may translate my comment above in your "Patois" dialect. Thanks!

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I lived in Kingston from 1969-1971. Loved Jamaica! You ever hear this?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Other Spanish

That's amazing leosmith! I live in Kingston too. What for if you don't mind me asking?

That folklore, how could I not? lol grew up on it in prep school and high school.

Posted 
Native
English
Other Spanish

It's good that you are still young and you want to learn different languages and travel to numerous countries. I hope you'll reach your dreams. In case you want to visit our country and you like to learn our language, feel free to ask us. There are many Filipinos here in the site and we are known for being accomodating and friendly. :) 

It good seh yuh young and yuh wah learn different language and travel go nuff country. Mi hope yuh reach yuh dreams. In case yuh wah visit we country and yuh woulda like fi learn we language, feel free fi ask we. Nuff a we Fillipinos deh pon the site and we known fi be accomodating and frenly!

Posted 
Native
English
Other Spanish

It good seh yuh young and yuh wah learn different language and travel go nuff country. Mi hope yuh reach yuh dreams. In case yuh wah visit we country and yuh woulda like fi learn we language, feel free fi ask we. Nuff a we Fillipinos deh pon the site and we known fi be accomodating and frenly!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

Welcome

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I used to live in st.Croix in the virgin islands so I have listened to a lot of patois . I also write for a record label which features predominately Jamaican and Trinidadian artists but I have not seen it written down very much. 

Posted 
Native
English
Other Spanish

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

I used to live in st.Croix in the virgin islands so I have listened to a lot of patois . I also write for a record label which features predominately Jamaican and Trinidadian artists but I have not seen it written down very much.

I just got back from Trinidad actually and I’m a huge soca fan. I’d so love a job like yours.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Haha it only pays if the tracks get released so not a stable job...but ah fi mi passion.(?)

Posted 
Native
English
Other Spanish

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

Haha it only pays if the tracks get released so not a stable job...but ah fi mi passion.(?)

Haha! Yea you.

Posted 
    Feedback