Language and speech delays in toddlers - any insights and tips?

Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Spanish

My 3 yo daughter is speech delayed. I don't know if this is some kind of a genetic thing but all I can remember is when me and my husband were both on graveyard shifts and slept during the day, our daughter was just inside the room where we were sleeping - glued to the mobile phone watching YouTube videos. You can judge me as a bad parent but I seriously didn't think then that we will come to this point. :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone who is or was on the same situation? Or does anyone have any tips - games, exercises, books that we can use to help our baby girl? Also, what are the factors that causes speech delay in children? And do they ever come out of it?

Thank you! :two_hearts:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

I suggest you keep away the gadget for the time being and give her actual toys to play with. Singing to her can also help stimulate the desire to speak up, or to just hum along with you.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

jfarrah wrote:
I suggest you keep away the gadget for the time being and give her actual toys to play with. Singing to her can also help stimulate the desire to speak up, or to just hum along with you.

Yes singing! I actually don't have children (yet) however, my nephew (2 year old) loves to sing. He often try to draw your attention so you can teach him a little better the words, he doesn't sing or speak them properly but he is learning to care about the words and their meaning. I try to mime the songs so he can associate words with actions/things. 

I think you could look for something your daughter loves and start with that, my nephew loves elephants and he has learnt a lot using them as a tool.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

Hey Chill, I'm sorry to hear that. I often consult this site on metaphysical reasons , i.e. emotional and mental reasons (which are btw the roots of all illnesses) behind states, conditions, illnesses. Please check under Speech, you will find the condition of delayed speech. Good luck getting additionally informed afterwards. I encourage you to trust it and get further informed, in order to tackle the issue at its core when there is still time.

http://www.ourspiritualnutrition.com/is05.htm#Our_Spiritual_Nutrition. 

Best,

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationmaryland / US
Native
Urdu
Learning Arabic - Gulf

Take them to play groups. Read books to them.Have patience it will come

Mariam Irshad

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Other Japanese, Spanish

Mai wrote:

Hey Chill, I'm sorry to hear that. I often consult this site on metaphysical reasons , i.e. emotional and mental reasons (which are btw the roots of all illnesses) behind states, conditions, illnesses. Please check under Speech, you will find the condition of delayed speech. Good luck getting additionally informed afterwards. I encourage you to trust it and get further informed, in order to tackle the issue at its core when there is still time.

http://www.ourspiritualnutrition.com/is05.htm#Our_Spiritual_Nutrition.

Best,

Awwww this is so helpful. Thanks, Mai :heart:

Posted 
    Feedback