French- cui ciu

Swedish - pip pip

:)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

But is language supposed to change how a bird sounds? Or do you mean "how bird sounds are called in different languages"?

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

Lool does this really exist? :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

I should go google what birds speak

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Oghenekevwe wrote:

But is language supposed to change how a bird sounds? Or do you mean "how bird sounds are called in different languages"?

I believe he is referring to the way a speaker of certain language will imitate the sound of a bird. For Spanish this is correct, pio pio is the sound for chicks. There is a famous song called Los Pollitos, and the song says that the chicks say pio pio pio when they are hungry, when they are cold...... 

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Tagalog: Chirp chirp or Tweet Tweet

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

edz.conde wrote:

haven't heard of "chirp chirp". hehe

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Wow Jackiya! It sounds cool! :)

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

Krooo krooo... :grin::grin::grin:

Posted 
Native
English
Other French

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

I believe he is referring to the way a speaker of certain language will imitate the sound of a bird. For Spanish this is correct, pio pio is the sound for chicks. There is a famous song called Los Pollitos, and the song says that the chicks say pio pio pio when they are hungry, when they are cold......

Oh I see, in that case when a fowl crows we call it as it sounds to us"Kukurukoooo"

Thanks Ari

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Oh I see, in that case when a fowl crows we call it as it sounds to us"Kukurukoooo"

Thanks Ari

Kukurukoo is the sound a rooster would make in Spanish or kekerekeee.:joy::joy::joy:

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

This is great, the word for owl in Spanish is buho and it must be somewhat onomatopoeiac because we have an owl in our forest who sound like a man hiding in the pines yelling buho

Also cockerel (rooster) in English says cock-a-doodle-doo !

Edited 
Native
English
Other French

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Thanks Ari

Kukurukoo is the sound a rooster would make in Spanish or kekerekeee.:joy::joy::joy:

Really? That's funny,so alike

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Thanks Ari

Actually thought of the “kukuruku” sound but it like... is that a language :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Frederick.Dizon wrote:
Krooo krooo... :grin::grin::grin:

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Michelle.Batan wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

haven't heard of "chirp chirp". hehe

That's what we called the birds in our province when were young. And they really sounds chirp chirp. hehe

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback