Ari's recent posts

Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I know there are a lot of people from the Philippines in here and I just want to say congratulations!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Desperate to seek the real

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

ikaymoreno wrote:

I think it's because that's the hand used to wipe/wash when we poop. :)

Not everyone uses that hand for that purpose:joy::joy::joy:. But now that you mention it, I remember that I saw on one of those travel shows, that people in India who eats with their hands find eating with their left hand disrespectful because of what you mentioned.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Welcome! I just learned a new word in English thanks to you. Polyglot:grin:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

No worries, think that it is not a bad thing everywhere in the world. I would have never pay close attention to what hand a person is using for anything else but writing, and even that I would never relate it to bad luck. Best wishes!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I have been long married but I think nowadays a lot of couples meet this way. I don't know if it would have been good for me because I am kind of a scary cat.  

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Thanks to you all. I now celebrate mother's day the second Sunday of May as they do in the US, because of my kids and husband. But I make sure I call my mom or send her something. This day is also my grandmother's birthday, she turned 99 years old this day so as you all can imagine yesterday was such a blessing and a big celebration.

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I think that doesn't applies for names. I have a friend named Ximena and the pronunciation is different.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Today December 8th, we celebrate mother's day in my country Panama. This special day varies per country. In my country is this date because this is the day of immaculate conception virgin. I also know that this day is celebrated on different days around the world.    

In my country they will serenade mom with songs and take her eat somewhere special. It is a day for family reunions and lots of presents for moms.

Can you share with me when do you celebrate mother's day and which are the traditions in your countries?

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

meifeng wrote:

This is a tough one. The only thing that comes to mind immediately is, dog's bark in Mandarin. Apparently, dogs go "wang" in Mandarin. :grin: :dog:

Wang wang, that sounds different lol.

We us Achoo for sneeze in Spanish.

Meow for cats. 

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I think is the same, like if you are talking about the job itself, but the literal meaning of the words might be different.  

Anyways I have my subtitles turned on all the time on Netflix and seriously their translators are not that good at least the ones translating from Spanish to English maybe they are interpreters :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I don't think so, at least not in the near future. But that is a very interesting thought.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

edz.conde wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Awww, I totally get how you must feel right now. When I had measles, I felt itchy all over, I was restless and could not sleep. There's was really not much anyone could do to make me feel better. Just keep telling yourself it'll be over soon. Wishing you speedy recovery.

Thanks! It has been 3 weeks already so I've gone past the crucial part. Only waiting for the blisters to completely heal.

I cannot imagine doing that now that I have kids. I am glad that the worse it's over. Best wishes!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Sounds interesting, my mother in law is Korean but she never thought them the language.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

It has a scaly body...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Essmel is amusing. :slightly_smiling_face: There's that Spanish quirk of putting an E vowel before an S-word that Filipinos inherited, usually in English-speaking Visayans.

I do it all the time:upside_down_face:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Bienvenida!!! Esa es la música tradicional panameña.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Wow, that video was adorable. I can tell you guys are really really nice people. I hope some day I can also go see those beautiful places. I cannot believe the prices, and I am in luck because my favorite drink is rum and cook lol.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Cool, I need this, where can I find more words?

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I just found Duolingo too repetitive, like I feel stuck in the same words that I already learned.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

meifeng wrote:

leosmith wrote:

GL Mei. What countries are you going to?

I was in Argentina. Duolingo was somewhat useful - at least useful enough for me to respond when someone asked me, "bebidas?"

Argentinians have a peculiar accent. You might found some words different from the ones you will learn from Duolingo.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

dragonsky wrote:

Ha! This is really fun

So in that place the men can really say "These women literally can not be understood" :D :D

Oh my goodness I am laughing so hard:joy:

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

leosmith wrote:

That's one of the strangest language articles I've ever read. The men and women speak different languages, but they understand each other. In my village, the men and women speak the same language but they don't understand each other.

:rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Lol

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

But there was a hidden

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

In a velvety burgundy fabric...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Este video conmemora el mes de la patria de Panamá que es Noviembre. Tiene unos subtítulos en Español, para los que están aprendiendo este bello idioma puedan practicar un poco.

Disfruten, que tengan un lindo día!!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1185628478139697&id=1010197595682787

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

It was very small and...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Ari wrote:

In my country we gather the 24 to wait until midnight and then we have a big dinner and exchange gifts. There is a lot of music and parties. I remember one of my favorites traditions growing up were Las Posadas, where kids will dress as shepards and there will be a representation of Mary and Joseph. And they will go from house to house singing and asking for a place to stay just like the story of the Nativity.

In the month of December everything is more joyful, full of lights, decorations, music and more importantly the union of the families.

I think that we latinos have a lot of things in common xD....

In my country there are two options:

- People go to 11-12AM mass to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.

- People party and drink and wait till 12AM to hug everyone, have dinner and give presents. Then they keep partying.

We eat hallacas (like mexican tamales with european and african heritage), pan de jamon (ham bread - with olives and raisins), pernil (pork) and ensalada de gallina (hen salad with potatoes)

On new years eve we have a tradition, we wait till 12AM and we eat 12 grapes and each one represents a wish :)

Yes, very similar. We have Panamanian tamales which look just like hallacas, exactly the same, but instead of harina pan we use real corn.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Ari wrote:

In my country we gather the 24 to wait until midnight and then we have a big dinner and exchange gifts. There is a lot of music and parties. I remember one of my favorites traditions growing up were Las Posadas, where kids will dress as shepards and there will be a representation of Mary and Joseph. And they will go from house to house singing and asking for a place to stay just like the story of the Nativity.

In the month of December everything is more joyful, full of lights, decorations, music and more importantly the union of the families.

I think that we latinos have a lot of things in common xD....

In my country there are two options:

- People go to 11-12AM mass to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.

- People party and drink and wait till 12AM to hug everyone, have dinner and give presents. Then they keep partying.

We eat hallacas (like mexican tamales with european and african heritage), pan de jamon (ham bread - with olives and raisins), pernil (pork) and ensalada de gallina (hen salad with potatoes)

On new years eve we have a tradition, we wait till 12AM and we eat 12 grapes and each one represents a wish :)

Why grapes? Is there a reason behind?

The grapes are for good luck. You eat them and save the seeds, and that will be your lucky number.  

There are a lot of traditions for new years. Like wear red or yellow underwear to find love. Go out with suitcases at midnight if you want to travel that year. And there are more that I don't recall at this moment.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Spanish is jajaja, my husband makes fun of me about this all the time. There was a post where they shared some different animals sounds around the countries.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

OMG those look amazing. Specially the lechón, we called the same way in Spanish.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

With a sigh of relief...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

We already talked about the weird foods of your country, no share with me your favorite dish from where you are from.

For me tortillas, these are different from Mexican tortillas. Ours are corn based. They grind the cooked corn and put salt and sometimes cheese and fry them. They are usually eaten for breakfast but you can have them any time of the day.

Here is a pic of different kinds of fritters we eat. They are all my favorites.

https://www.google.com/search?q=panamanian.frituras&client=ms-android-att-us&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjT-Iiv6_XeAhVRR6wKHXRlCt4Q_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=412&bih=718&dpr=2.63#imgrc=1HmRuI-ri95AtM

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

With her picture on them...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Your Spanish sounds really good. Just wow!!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Weird box in her hands...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I agree with you, it is a mistake. In my country most of private schools are bilingual English and Spanish. There are some that are all in English.  

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Everyone have different kind of learning styles. For me, I have to write down stuff to memorize it. I also prefer actual books than electronic versions. So yeah that can help but it depends on your specific learning style.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Chicken Pox is no joke. I had it older when I was 25 and it was one of the worst things I ever experienced. I had blisters anywhere and they left me scars for life. I was advised to eat some antivirals and I said no, worst decision ever. I had a cough, that got complicated and was prescribed a bunch of medicine and antibiotics at the end. It took over 3 weeks for me to get better. I hope that you don't have it as bad as I did and that you recover soon. Best wishes!!!!!!

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

ikaymoreno wrote:

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

My big brother used to study German. He could speak the basics but stopped learning because his reason for learning it went away. According to him, his teachers said learning French would be easier when you learned German because the phonetics were similar on many levels. I don't know about the sentence construction though.

I didn't know that. I thought the similar ones were French, Spanish and Italian (e.g. bien). Also, French sounds more nasal while German is more...guttural.

My native language is Spanish. I started to learn some Italian and I was thinking to add French but when I started, the pronunciation is way too difficult for me compared to Italian, now based on the fact that Ibam very short of time at the moment I have decide to drop French at the moment and just focus in one language for now.

And I don't think Fench overrated at all, it is such a beautiful language.

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Thanks, as you said I have always thought these apps go thru some kind of filter for this kind of stuff.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

ikaymoreno wrote:

Ari wrote:

I like to watch them because they are so mysterious but not as pets. I can't stand hair and litter.

We have two dogs and that's our challenge too. Fur everywhere. Sigh.

I know, it is very difficult, besides the fact that I am super allergic, I am also a clean freak. I have a poodle that doesn't shed, she is very old, so after her I think I wont get any more pets.  

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

That he looked all sweaty 

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Hi, this is such an interesting question I thought sign language was universal, but I Google it an it appears that there are many kinds of sign languages around the world.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I don't think any native can teach formally and properly. You have to have some educational background to be able to teach someone the important stuff about a language. But in the other hand if it is informal conversation, I believe that anybody can be teach other person the basics of speaking. So it depends:grin:.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I voted No because a lot of people won't use a foreign language in their careers and I just think that is no motive for an University to reject a student seeking for education. That being said, it should be a motivation as an individual to add more skills to your education by learning a second language maybe one like English that is used world wide.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Up for her mischievous acts...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I hate hashtags, there so many stupid ones. I can not stand when people say first world problems, lots of people don't have a clue about how other humans live in other parts of the world.

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I like to watch them because they are so mysterious but not as pets. I can't stand hair and litter.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Sorry this is kind of a vent, but where I Iive usually when the weather starts to get cold everybody, I mean every single person is sick. I don't remember sickness being so bad when I was growing up in my native country. Is it like this where you live? How do you stay healthy?

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I feel if you want to built a routine in anything you need a desire or strong will, then discipline to built accountability and persistence so you don't give up when you hit boredom or any trouble. Hang in there they say you need to do something for 21 days for it to become a habit.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I am sensitive, not just feelings but noises, smells. I feel that I am very spiritual, intuitive and synchronized or aware of my body.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I really like the old system is geeky, unexpected and surprising.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

There are some exceptions based on the sounds. I found this from wikipedia.

Understand that there are some exceptions to this rule. Some words may be spelled beginning with vowels but be pronounced with initial consonant sounds. Words that begin in h, y, u, and eu or "e" are common words that can cause confusion.

Use "A" when u makes the same sound as the y in you: a union, a unicorn, a used napkin, a usability study.

Use "A" when o makes the same sound as w in won: a one-legged man.

Use "A" when eu or "e" makes the same sound as y: a European trip, a ewe lamb

Do not use "A" when the h is silent.

Here is the link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Use-"A"-and-"An"-Correctly%3famp=1

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

She was capable of anything...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

And she decided to pursue...

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

For the ones learning mandarin and like romantic comedies I totally recommend accidentally in love. Soooooo good!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

I'm kind of bad at spelling in English, I tend to confuse "a", "e" and "i" (I blame Spanish for this)

What about you?

I sometimes do the same. If I am not focused I would spell some words the way they sound.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Wow, I don't practice any sports but I love running and volleyball.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Mine is french;

Santé! meaning "bottoms up!"

I like that one and Oh la la, indeed French is a precious language.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Parla is speaks

Andiamo is let's go

Signora is mrs.

All in Italian

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Surfing sounds really cool to me

I would love to be fluent in Italian or French

Playing the piano.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

dragonsky wrote:

btw on a sorta unrelated note...do you have any PERSONAL traditions?

like..idk..watching a certain movie in a certain part of the year..watching something with your friends...doing something when you are watching your fave sports team..something like that haha

My kids sort of created a tradition for their own benefit the both get at least a present when is their sibling's birthday.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

dragonsky wrote:

Ari wrote:

Right now they are celebrating the patriotic days in my country. They include the day of the flag, the day independence day from Spain and the separation day from Colombia. These days are off so no work and they will close the main avenues so that the bands from many schools can march and pay honor to our country. It is very festive and people will wear the traditional dresses, La Pollera.

https://goo.gl/images/QV2Skq

Thanks for sharing, I like it ! :)

btw what country are you from? I suppose (with some cheeky gogole help haha :D ) Panama

You are correct, I am from Panama

Here is another Panama's famous traditional dance called El Punto.

https://youtu.be/fA6hGxG0wac

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

We have the "Dancing devils of Yare", every Corpus Christi (nine Thursdays after Holy Thursday), a ritual dance is performed by the so-called "Dancing Devils," who wear colorful garments (commonly all red), layers of stripped fabric, masks of grotesque appearance and also accessories like crosses, scapulars, rosaries and other sorts of amulets.

Later on, the group moves towards the front of the church and when the mass has ended, the Eucharist is placed at the church's entrance and a sort of fight representation begins between the devils and the guardians. Finally, the devils surrender and kneel in front of the Eucharist to show submission. The entire performance represents the victory of Good over Evil.

We got those too. I did not have a clue other countries have them too, just wow. We call them Los Diablicos Sucios

https://youtu.be/66OGt9yCAYk

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Estas tres palabras se pronuncian igual, se escriben diferente y se usan diferente. Hasta las personas con un nivel nativo suelen equivocarse al usar estas palabras.

Aquí les comparto un Link que explica cuándo utilizar estas palabras correctamente.

http://www.rae.es/consultas/halla-haya-aya

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Right now they are celebrating the patriotic days in my country. They include the day of the flag, the day independence day from Spain and the separation day from Colombia. These days are off so no work and they will close the main avenues so that the bands from many schools can march and pay honor to our country. It is very festive and people will wear the traditional dresses, La Pollera.

https://goo.gl/images/QV2Skq

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

dragonsky wrote:

Michelle.Batan wrote:

In the olden days, being a couple in the Philippines was a big deal. The man would have to prove himself worthy of the womans affection before any sort of intimate relationship (so much as holding each others hands) is permitted by the parents. We also have what we called panghaharana or serenading. It is actually related to the old Filipino tradition of courtship. This where a woman is supposed to look out the window only after several nights of being serenaded by the man, then the man usually brings along some of his friends to play the guitar or any other accompanying instruments while he sings. And it would take several months or years before they engage in a mutual relationship. lol

Tbh I kinda like this, it's sorta sweet ^_^

In my country (macedonia) we have something that's sorta similar to Trick or Treating

We do it a day before Christmas, and kids early in the morning (some even start at 4 or 5AM! but it's usually around from 6 to8/9/10 AM) go from house to house and sing a song (the song is always the same)

Then people (if they want lol) get out from their house and give the kids sweets/snacks/fruits and sometimes money even :D

The kids are supposed to represent the people that went house from house when Jesus rose from the dead and told everyone about it.

But....the song that's sung it's actually.....pretty fuckng (can we swear on this site? :D ) hardcore..

Like...I am going to try to translate it cause I know people that are not from my country will be like "Wait...little kids sing this...and it's normal...and it's Christian???"

Christmas eve - Christmas Eve (ok we have an actual name for the day before christmas but I can't translate it otherwise haha)

A bar fell down

It killed( as in figure of speech - hurt) grandpa

Grandpa is struggling

Grandma is hatching

With 4 eggs

Goose eggs, duck egs

Christmas Eve!

Today is Christmas eve (we have a word for this as I said)

Tomorrow is Christmas

We will slaughter a calf

Calf says "no

Don't slaughter me

I'll buy you cabbage

you'll bake a pie (cabbage pie is a thing here, not sure if this would be seen wierd or not haha)

so you can all eat"

CHRISTMAS EVE!

....I honestly don't get the history of this song and I don't think majority actually knows it haha

Very interesting holiday. Thanks for sharing!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

Not to cut your nails at night

Not to take a bath on Tuesday and Friday

- for reasons that I do not know but I already stopped believing it since I was 10.

So some people actually would not take a bath those days? That is crazy!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Eating right before bed can cause vivid dreams. :sweat_smile:

I think that is true, because it has happened to me.  

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Videos of Dr pimple popper popping pimples:grin:..weird right? I know.:blush:

Yeah me too, even if I am gagging at the same time I watch.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Teletransportation. I would love be able to visit any place I want.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

None they just care about money:thinking_face:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

But is language supposed to change how a bird sounds? Or do you mean "how bird sounds are called in different languages"?

I believe he is referring to the way a speaker of certain language will imitate the sound of a bird. For Spanish this is correct, pio pio is the sound for chicks. There is a famous song called Los Pollitos, and the song says that the chicks say pio pio pio when they are hungry, when they are cold......

Oh I see, in that case when a fowl crows we call it as it sounds to us"Kukurukoooo"

Thanks Ari

Kukurukoo is the sound a rooster would make in Spanish or kekerekeee.:joy::joy::joy:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Which old wives tales or traditional folk stories do you still believe?

For me, I never let my kids sleep with wet hair or let them stay cold so they don't catch a cold.

I also believe that if you spot a green cricket it means good luck or good news.

I don't celebrate any birthday earlier, I don't even know why but is a tradition I learned and I haven't stop doing it. Also I don't make important decisions or any procedure close to my birthday.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Oghenekevwe wrote:

But is language supposed to change how a bird sounds? Or do you mean "how bird sounds are called in different languages"?

I believe he is referring to the way a speaker of certain language will imitate the sound of a bird. For Spanish this is correct, pio pio is the sound for chicks. There is a famous song called Los Pollitos, and the song says that the chicks say pio pio pio when they are hungry, when they are cold...... 

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I increased my vocabulary with books and dictionaries whenever I found new words while reading, I look up their meanings and then memorize them.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

White rice and ketchup yummmm

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I believe is somewhat viable if you are just interested in verbal communication. Agree with previous poster, it depends.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

For me, most of the scary memories come from the Holy Week and mainly good Friday. The traditions in my country's rural towns is to recreate the death of Jesus and they would make it so dramatic and scary. Also on Good Friday there were old tales about that if you were loud something would happen or if you go to the river you would became a fish or if you climb a tree you would become a monkey and so on. The day was so quiet with no music no noise and a lot of church activities. 

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Nope!! XD

You are good at this game!!!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

You have been to Austria?

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

My kids go trick or treating, but apparently is going to rain here on Wednesday so we will see what happens.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Spanish - Que pasen un feliz Domingo!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

When I was young I wanted to be a professional back up dancer lol, the ones that dance behind an artist. I still love to dance, but I studied Business administration and actually ended up being a stay at home mom.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Very interesting! I have never thought about it. In Spanish you say estas despedido, it comes from the verb despedir which means to say goodbye.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Like many said I don't find any language ugly. They might sound funny, different or sometimes even weird. But no ugly per se.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Android 8.0.0 is a Samsung Galaxy S9+, browser is Chrome

Edited

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I used to see a language tools blue tab at the left top corner that will direct me to the latest posts. I cannot see it anymore:sob:

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Depends if you prefer cold or hot weather?

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I like reggae, pop, salsa, merengue, bachata, vallenato, basically everything that has happy vibes.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I want to go to Europe. Take a train and visit different countries. I think it takes a long time to learn a language but I would buy a book or a pocket translator to lear the basic words.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I cry. Seriously I am a big cry baby. It makes me release all the emotions I have accumulated inside.  

Chocolate is the best. Everything that can keep your mind out of whatever is making you feel bad.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Yo le hago mucho énfasis la pronunciación de las vocales. En español si te aprendes como suenan las vocales puedes aprender a pronunciar la mayoría de las palabras correctamente ya que el sonido de las vocales nunca cambia como en Inglés. A, E, I, O, U.  

Aquí les dejo un Link sobre fonética. Esta muy bueno para los que están aprendiendo Español.

https://www.hf.uio.no/ilos/tjenester/kunnskap/sprak/nettsprak/spansk/portal/fonetica/index.html

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

I find baking.. frustrating. :(

anyway, I love watching videos and reading about law of attraction, health,money, psychology. I love weight lifting and hiking.

Emmet Fox's Books are good!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I think my accent is pretty thick, even though I try and try and cannot get rid of how I pronounce certain letters. I also believe my writing is not as good as I would like it to be. Something I am pretty good is Spelling and vocabulary.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jackiya01 wrote:

Going for hikes, nature walks, game drives, swimming and going for road trips.

You are very outdoorsy, that is great!!!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I do intermittent fasting or kind off you are supposed to eat during a period of eight hours and fast for 16. I haven't lost any weight but it helps me to keep a healthy weight for my age and size. I do eat every thing I want in moderation and most of my meals are home cooked which I believe it helps too.

Edited

-Ari-

Feedback