AppleMae.Soriano's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined6/8/2019LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

How about Learning Languages or Learn Languages? When people want to learn a certain language, people tend to search the word "learn" and then the language they want to learn. But then again, this is just based on my opinion. 

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

ZairaI.Uranga wrote:
An update to this topic. Not really relevant to the forum, but I just got back my German test with a 5/5 writing score. I have been working a lot on it and I am very happy it paid off. If anyone is feeling lazy, take it as a reminder that practice does work :)

Congratulations! Truly, practice makes perfect. 

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Filipino Culture or Beliefs

Must-visit in the Philippines

Filipino Resilience

OFWs

Theme Parks

Country/Countries you want to visit

Ligaw or Courtship

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

As a native Filipino, I prefer number 5 more. (Though hindi maganda ang bahay namin) HAHAHAHA  

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Pedro (Peter)

Pilipinas (Philippines)

Pagong (Turtle)

Next is L

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Wow, Michel! You've got yourself a list there. I will definitely add them up on mine. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

I'll add that one too, Leo. Thanks!

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Yes, I think I saw that 2 years ago. As you know, I've always been a Kdrama fan. hehe That was also a great series. 

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

As we are all now being required to stay at home, watching movies and series are very much a thing we can do. For me, I mostly spend my free time watching several series on Netflix. I have enjoyed watching Spanish and Korean series like Money Heist, Elite, Itaewon Class, Crush Landing on You, and more.

How about you? What series or movies do you watch these days and what can you recommend?

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Season by season, I have been hooked-up with La Casa de Papel, an original series from Netflix.

And after four seasons, I am starting to fall in love with the Spanish language. Aside from this, I also loved the song "Ti Amo" by Umberto Tozzi which was sung by 'Berlin' during his wedding on the latest series. Definitely looking forward to the 5th and 6th series. 

Anyone here who is Spanish? Or anyone who's also into LCDP? 

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Sa baking pan lamang namin inilalagay ang mga cookies. Ikaw Ginoong Henderson, ano ang pinagkakaabalahan mo ngayong may quarantine?

(We only put the cookies on a baking pan. What about you Mr. Henderson, what's keeping you busy with the quarantine?)

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

We are all facing a great obstacle in fighting COVID-19 right now. And with this quarantine going on all over the world, staying at home is the best way we can contribute to stopping this virus.

So here's a little idea to give everybody a little light. Why not share the things we do at home to give others an idea to keep the day busy. Maybe some recipes you do for your kids, a movie to watch, board games to play, or activities we can do. And then we can translate them into our native language. This way we get to share ideas and learn other languages at the same time.

As a start here's my entry.

To keep my kids busy, I bought pizza dough and toppings so they could make their own pizzas during the home quarantine. I also make them bake cookies and cook pancakes. And they love it. Especially the eating part.

(Para may pagkaabalahan ang mga anak ko, bumili ako ng pizza dough at toppings para makagawa sila ng sariling nilang mga pizza sa panahon ng home quarantine. Pinagawa ko din silang magbake ng cookies at magluto ng pancakes. At gustong-gusto nila 'to. Lalong lalo na yung parte na ng kainan.)

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Today, January 27, 2020, devastating news shocked the world. Kobe Byrant, 41 years old, together with her daughter Gianna, 13, was involved in a very tragic helicopter accident that merely killed them both this Sunday Morning. Together with the other seven passengers, all were killed in the disaster.

We may not all be basketball fans but I am most certainly sure we all know Kobe who has been with us for 20 seasons in the NBA. 

Sincerest condolences to the family. The world mourns with you!

Long live Black Mamba! Rip Kobe and Gigi Bryant!

Edited

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

JaeHong.S wrote:
I would like to help if it's Korean that you want to practice with! :)

Wow! That would be awesome, JaeHong! Would definitely love that.

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

leosmith wrote:
Which languages do you and your husband speak?

My husband's native language is Pangasinense, the native language in Pangasinan.

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I find it really easy to learn a new language when you're learning with a partner.

My husband is from a different province in the Philippines and has their own native language.

He speaks to me randomly using their language every day and I find it very educating.

The use of new vocabulary words every day gets me to familiarize and remember more.

It gets even better when you get surrounded by people using a different language.

Listening to conversations and observing their communication can make you adjust.

Even if you cannot understand every word they say, you can follow.

That is why Language Tools is a very educating platform.

You surround yourself with people with different languages.

And maybe that's also a reason why having friends with different nations can teach us more about learning a new language.

So if anyone is interested in making conversations with me and learn Tagalog, I'm very much open. Likewise, it would be awesome to learn a new language from you, too.

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Kosta.Cirkovic wrote:
To add to this conversation, I'd like to present you my latest discovery: Pokemon TV, an official place where you can watch Pokemon in 13 different languages for free! As someone who grew up with Pokemon, this is one of the things I dreamed of, a way to learn a language with Ash, Pikachu and the rest of the squad. I'm currently a few episodes into first season and I'm watching it in Danish, it's super fun. And they have all the episodes ever made, it's awesome.
https://watch.pokemon.com/en-us/

I was addicted to Pokemon, too. This is awesome!

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Oh my, Kosta! I totally agree with being smarter as a kid. Hahaha 

And I loved Dexter's Lab, too. Also Hey! Arnold from Nickelodeon.

And yeah, it's a great idea exposing kids with English cartoons and videos because they seem to adapt with it through time.

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Another reason could be that there are some private schools also that require children to speak English.

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I am a mother of two daughters ages 7 and 1. 

At a very young age, my 7 years old has learned how to speak the English language by watching Youtube.

She even got the intonations correct similar to a native speaker,

Aside from Youtube, I also require her to read English storybooks to train her speaking.

She has also made English vlogs herself without me knowing.

Kids are really smart nowadays. Do you agree?

How about you? What ways do you use to teach your children a foreign language?

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Here in the Philippines, Christmas is celebrated as early as September. When Ber-months come, it means Christmas already. 

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Hi everybody!

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays and it's coming in a few weeks.

Aside from the food, family reunions are always worth looking forward to.

How about you?

What are your Christmas traditions and plans for this year?

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

leosmith wrote:
AppleMae.Soriano wrote:
Any tips to learn Korean?

I learned Korean from zero to upper intermediate in a little over a year, and wrote about it here. It's really long - sorry about that, but you might find something useful there.

Thanks, Leo! I'll have a good read about it.

Edited

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

jpormento wrote:
This is an excellent routing to learn the language you we are studying. I also watched a few Korean shows. I would love to do the same while I'm learning Russian. I just don't seem to see similar shows in Russian that I can watch.

What Korean shows have you watched? :)

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Yuka wrote:
I do almost the same routines except using Google translator which I did not even come up with! I use online dictionaries to search unfamiliar words and phrases. One of my favourite online dictionaries offers unlimited free vocabulary check tests to every user. Making use of this feature, I can check my vocabulary level consistently and maintain my motivation towards vocabulary build-up. Like google translator you mentioned, modern technology helps us a lot with learning languages!

Hi Yuka! that's great, too. Do you know any good Korean Dictionary App I can use?

Posted

Your supermom,

Apple

Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

It was during my college years that I started to watch Koreanovelas. 

Later in my working days, during my idle hours in the office, I spend my time watching Korean series. 

And since the Korean culture has boomed and been influential especially to the Philippines, it has been a trend to catch up with Koreanovelas and get fond of the "Oppas". (Ji Chang-Wook fan here!) HAHAHA! 

Not to mention the food influence it has made to the Filipinos, too.

Since reading the subtitles can divide the attention to the show itself, I got curious about studying the Korean language. And these are my self routine studies in learning Korean.

1. Google Translate

Whenever I catch something really interesting phrase, I pause the video and try to google translate it to Korean. And then I play it again to get familiar with the phrase. (Though google translate does not always give you the exact translation, but it can be very useful.)

2. I take down notes.

When usual words or phrases come to the script like "Hi!" - "Annyeonghaseyo!" or "Thank you!" - "Gamsahabnida", I put them in my notes. This way, I can always go back and re-read the words. (Since I'm not very good at memorizing words.)

3. Use the words in your everyday conversations and routines.

In order to get more familiar with the words, I practice to use them every day. I use them to speaking with my friends and family. Plus, it also benefits the person I'm conversing with. 

4. Language Tools

And of course, this site is also very useful to learn the language. Aside from this, it's very easy to use, too. 

These are some of my self-study routines in learning the Korean language. How about you? What are your routines in learning a language? Any tips to learn Korean?

Edited

Your supermom,

Apple

Feedback