How to deal with frustration

Posts0Likes0Joined17/9/2019LocationMexico City / MX
Native
Spanish
Learning English, German

I was having a conversation with my classmates the other day because many felt frustrated with their progress.

I think we all have hit that wall. Sometimes I feel stuck or think I haven't made much progress. Some days in class I feel like I am not retaining information or understanding. But I also think that it is a very common issue, that's why I don't get discouraged.

To help me deal with this I try to remember something I used to struggle with in the past. Something like:

"Remember one year ago, when you had trouble with using the "perfekt" conjugation? You rarely fail at that now!"

"You used to not know so many connectors, you use them automatically now!"

What helps you deal with frustration? 

Language shapes our view of the world.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined26/9/2019LocationKR
Native
Korean

In my case, I often control my mindset. I believe success comes after the failure. I'm a person who gets easily frustrated.

I sometimes go out and drink with my friends to release stresses or eat something a lot. It surprisingly helps me a lot to get through.

Each people have their different perspectives on their lives. It's a matter how they accept it and overcome it well.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined17/9/2019LocationMexico City / MX
Native
Spanish
Learning English, German

I agree. I have come across this strategy before, and It helps some people. Sometimes taking time off can help the mind relax and make connections. It also happens to me with drumming for example. You come back with a new mindset and just a bit of work your brain did at the back of your head while you didn't notice. I think is called working memory, I will google it and maybe post about it.

So yes, taking a break definitely helps sometimes. 

Language shapes our view of the world.

Posted 
    Feedback